SysNAND Backup Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    My N3DS has A9LH and Luma installed. I recently backed up my SysNAND, I think I used Godmode9 for it. Anyway, the NAND file size is 1.84GB... Does that size sound correct? Thoughts appreciated :)

Note: I tried to attach computer screen capture, but file was too big for here...

2. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    You must've used Decrypt9, not GodMode9. Also, I use Imgur to upload pictures to and then link them inside a spoiler.

As for the file size, 1.84GB sounds correct according to this.
    My backups are 1.2GB in size which means I have a different type of NAND chip from yours.

3. Starboy

Starboy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2017
    India
    My nand backup when i used a9lh setup to install cfw was 1.2 gb and after all the installation and installing games etc i backup the nand again after 3-4 days and the backup was 1.8 gb, what does this mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Depends upon numerous variables such as the difference of what it exactly backed up on each of them or if you did a full or min size backup for examples.

From your explanation, I personally think that you might have just had more stuff to backup the second time because your 3DS NAND chip just can't suddenly "change" from one to another.