SysNAND and EmuNAND Questions !

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vincent Vicious, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Vincent Vicious
    OP

Vincent Vicious Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    Macau
    This emuNAND and sysNAND thing stil unclear for me and i dont understand it very well, need help with these questions please.
    1- Is emuNAND an emulated version of latest firmware of sysNAND ? or just a specefic firmware version ?
    2- If my sysNAND is ver 4xx and im using emuNAND i cans till play games online ? thanks in advance ^^ if my definition of emuNAND is wrong pls correct me.

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Emunand will be created during cfw setup. It will be a copy of your sysnand at first. To update the Emunand Independently you need to unlink it, meaning after Emunand is setup you format your sysnand again. Then they will be independent from each other, resulting in two folders on your microsd. This will allow you to update the Emunand while your sysnand stays on 4.x.

You should never ever go over 9.2 on your sysnand, as this will break any entry point. Once Emunand is set up you do everything over Emunand, which when you are on old 3ds you can simply update via settings, or a game. Just make absolutely sure you are on Emunand or you will break cfw compatibility.

3. Vincent Vicious
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    Macau
    my old 3ds's version is actually 2.2 is there a way to update it between 4.x and 9.2 without the need of a game cartridge ?

4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yes with sysupdater but that would mean already having the possibility to install unsigned CIA. But easiest would be a game that installs 9.2

5. Vincent Vicious
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    Macau
    One last question please : whats the difference between having sysNAND ver 4.x and 9.2 if im going to install latest emuNAND firmware anyway ?

6. kumorebikun

kumorebikun Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2015
    Slovenia
    Updating your sysNAND to 9.2 gives you the option of themehax, which many use to launch directly to cfw or emunand, without the need of an internet connection.

7. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    fixed it

Quantumcat likes this.
  8. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast

Pretty sure CFW is easy to install on 9.0-9.2 without physical copies of games, there is literally a tutorial for it and it works fine

9. Vincent Vicious
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    Macau
    I thought there is an easy way to boot emuNAND (rxTools) without internet connection just by using 3DS profiles.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can you share the Tutorial please ?

10. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    depending on your previous browser version and if the update has a internet browser stub (gamecard updates higher than 4.5 may have stubs depending on the game) then installing cfw will be hard and may require ninjhax or a flashcard
    while if by chance the game card update is higher than 4.5 and does not contain stubs then you are lucky so for safety and simplicity get one that allows him to update between 4.0-4.5

Last edited by wormdood, Dec 9, 2015
    Ammako and Vincent Vicious like this.
  11. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
  12. Vincent Vicious
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    Macau
    so i should just get the mario luigi's mansion - dark moon and run it on my o3ds and it will update to 4.5 automatically right ? i dont need to buy the game just trying it on a pawn shop will do ?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

thanks i'll follow that tutorial once i update my 3ds to the needed ver

13. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    it may take up to 5-10 minutes for the update depending on how low your current fw version is but if you can get away with it go for it here is a list of games you can use 3DS Games with firmware updates in the 4.1 - 4.5 range - EurAsiaWiki