Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
vgthnvdrttyjmhfee YAAAY
Kind of just a side note, but you shouldn't just blindly follow commands you find whether in posts, videos, etc. unless you know what it is going to do and why you want to use that command at all. Generally, the Arch wiki has all of the documentation you need as long as you take the time to read the relevant pages (not just skimming for commands).

Honestly, as much as I like Arch and would love to have everyone use it (I use Arch dualboots on all of my computers for some reason), I also feel like you should use a distro that has stuff setup for you after seeing the difficulty you have had in solving your current problem.

Arch, gentoo, slackware, etc. require some planning and understanding of what you want to do, and what is required to do it. Like in the case of a USB installation, there are some optimization tweaks to prolong the life of your USB by reducing writes to the USB, or taking into consideration that you may not be booting on the same hardware all the time and adding things like nvidia, amd, intel, and vesa drivers to be sure you can at least get a working desktop going. Also possibly sticking to the i686 architecture since it is smaller overall, won't require multilibs for certain programs, and has a wider range of compatible computers (a 64bit computer can run a 32bit OS, but a 32bit computer can't run a 64bit OS).

Unless you really prefer more bleeding edge packages, and are willing/able to understand and solve miscellaneous problems such as this one yourself, I would also suggest you use a distribution that pampers the user a little more like:
Any debian/ubuntu derivative like Lubuntu, Linux Mint, Ubuntu Mate, Xubuntu
A more conventional styled puppy linux distro like Simplicity Linux

Or possibly use a derivative of Arch/Gentoo that aims towards user experience like Manjaro, Antergos, Sabayon, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1