Syscheck: Wii sometimes freezes during startup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by oliverbomb, Apr 21, 2014.

1. oliverbomb
    OP

oliverbomb GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hi!

I've an oldie Wii, from 2006, launch model ;) (WOOO!) And the bluetooth has been replaced by me, because the screen went black, but even before that happened, the Wii seemed to be having startup issues at times, (You get the Press A screen, and when I did, sometimes it would freeze with the letters of the safety screen going a bit to black and then freeze) after that I could reboot, and I'm fine.

Now I always thought this was the bluetooth chip getting old, however I just replaced that since it's been broken, and the Wii works again ;) However startup issues are still present today.

So I've made a syschek and would be very happy and delighted if you guys take a look on it and find out what the black screen freeze during startup is? ;)
    Thanks so much already!

I've another request too, I've been out of the game for a quite a while... And I bet most of my stuff is outdated, I'm reading some stuff, but please advice me what to update, too, what, and why? I mean most of my IOSes are old I think? Please let me know.

Here is my syscheck report:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    There is nothing wrong with your SysCheck except the odd cIOS installation you've got going on and the fact that you don't have Priiloader installed. Neither of those things should cause your issue though. It might be the WiFi module though.

3. oliverbomb
    OP

May 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Really? Ah Tahnks!

:) Em, mind explaining my odd CIOS installation? ;) I have an old installation. I would love to clean it up and boot it with the latest versions of CIOS I read about the better gamecube support?

4. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Nah, I just like making stuff up randomly to mislead people who need help. :rolleyes:

5. oliverbomb
    OP

May 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hahahaa I edited my answer, I was just a bit shocked that It might be my WiFi chip, so... :P please read my comment again! :) Thanks!

6. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    What cIOS you have installed is irrelevant to GC games. I would advise downloading the recommended cIOS setup from ModMii and installing everything above 200. It will download a few others, but you don't need them.

Anyway, the WiFi module can have the same effect as the bluetooth module.

7. oliverbomb
    OP

May 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Ah I see thanks.. :) Question, can I just install everything, without thinking about anythijg else? :) I will first try to intsall priiloader

8. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Just make sure you don't install cMIOS. It will overwrite DIOS-MIOS.

9. oliverbomb
    OP

May 28, 2009
    Netherlands
  10. oliverbomb
    OP

May 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Update : I fixed it by installing piiloader, wbich never worked for me in the past.. and I changed the health screen to a backs screen + auto A, and now it works fine ;) Thanks.
    Oh and can I just use that guide? :) Instead of the ModMii guide?

11. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Use ModMii. In fact, you'd be better just doing an install from scratch, and not skipping anything just because you already have it installed.

PS: Don't use the Back Screen and Auto-press A one together. Just use the first.

12. oliverbomb
    OP

May 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Ok! Thanks, question, will this guide then also let me play GC games? Or do I need to do that part manually with the other guide? I want the newest MIOS LITE?

Thanks once again!

13. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    ModMii is an all-in-one tool.