Homebrew SysCheck v2.0 - Released

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant of the ÂIOS not the program, I have "v2" of ÂIOS 202, and that's about where it freezes on my wii, the rest work absolutely fine.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
PPSainity said:
SysCheck v2.0 - Released

MetaFile
QUOTE said:
Homebrew application which does several checks on installed IOS and custom IOS:
- IOS Stub;
- Fake signature (aka Trucha Bug);
- ES_DiVerify (aka ES_Identify);
- Flash Access;
- NAND Access;
- Boot2 Access;
- USB 2.0.

sysCheck generates a report on the root of the SD card (sd:/sysCheck.csv).

The author can not be held responsible for any damage sysCheck might cause!

------------------
Changelog

Version 2.0
* Added a very nice GUI
* Improved report text (no Enabled/Disabled anymore)
* Added BC and MIOS check
* Report can be displayed without SD
* Fixed some bugs
* Easy to translate (language file in source)
Download Link

-[]D

Nice for not giving the author any credit and removing his name..
This sure is gbatemp -.-
I didn't remove his name, the quote was just the top part of the meta file, not the change-log. No one else is taking credit. But you're right this is the internet where people always have to comment, complain or assume crap about something petty.....sheesh
rolleyes.gif

-[]D

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be extremely useful when I need to run IOS checks on people's consoles.

Thanks to who helped on creating the program

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
madridi4ever said:
techboy said:
Hm, just tried it.

Works fine, but apparently the "ALL" option hates some IOSes. I had to delete my IOS5 to keep it from freezing during the test.

For some reason, it had no issues if I tested my IOS5 by itself. The report it produced was accurate too.
Isnt IOS5 the one from an unknown source?
iirc, I tested it a while back and it had a bad signiture (brfgfreee!! or something)
Maybe it doesnt scan anything with a watermark?

(I checked signitures and stuff for all IOS a few days ago, and this IOS did have a problem, I just cant seem to remember if that problem was a signiture issue or not)
I'll test it again if you want..
It does indeed have a bad sig, but so do cIOSes, patched IOSes, etc.

I'm gonna bet you got the "unknown source" info from a certain wiki...I've discovered recently that it came from a long-obsolete DVD dumper app. It's basically IOS21 with a DI hack to read DVD-Rs. It was the first cIOS made that could read DVD-Rs.

The "bfgrBeFreeeeeeee" is the title key...

As for refusing to check watermarked IOSes...there's no point, and it'd defeat the purpose of the tool.

erikspyder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haiggoh said:
This is the most recent version syscheck v2.1.0 Beta5 [Download]
With it you can even find out, which Base IOS was used in your cIOS. I love it
biggrin.gif

I'm wondering why WiiBrew still has the old 1.6.2 instead of this one!

By the way, the source code was published, too: Take a look here

I'm the original coder of sysCheck and sysCheck 1.6.2 is discontinued. Double_A uses my source code to develop sysCheck 2.0 (a nice GUI version using GRRLIB).

Later, I've decided to develop my own GUI version using Tantric's LibWiiGUI.

Take a look at sysCheck GX:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SysCheckGX

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
sysCheck is open source software. Anyone can continue developing it. True you are the original coder, but as you said on wiibrew, syscheck uses source codes of many other applications.

erikspyder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
sysCheck is open source software. Anyone can continue developing it. True you are the original coder, but as you said on wiibrew, syscheck uses source codes of many other applications.

You're right WiiBricker. sysCheck would not be possible without code from other projects and Double_A has done a great work!

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I agree, Double_A has done an absolutely fantastic work
smile.gif
But as far as I can see your new SysCheck GX looks pretty neat, too! I'm gonna give it a try this evening. Let's see which version I like best
wink.gif

EDIT: Ok, I just couldn't stand waiting and tried it right away ^^
I think the new SysCheck GX is pretty cool, I particulary like the addtional options you are given and how "clean" the list now looks. I always thought it would be a good idea to leave the lines blank instead of writing "no patches".

Unfortunately I also found two GUI bugs, both connected with the widescreen vs. 4:3 scaling. If I choose 4:3 everything would look correct except of the last window, that comes up when I want to choose where to close to (HBC, Systemmenu, etc). If I choose 16:9 however, just about everything would be out of scale and the close button as well as the scrollbar of the list would just float in mid-air. I guess the background has to be scaled for widescreen view, but appearantly it doesn't...
huh.gif

But I guess this will be an easy bugfix for you
wink.gif
Otherwise great app!

erikspyder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haiggoh said:
I agree, Double_A has done an absolutely fantastic work
smile.gif
But as far as I can see your new SysCheck GX looks pretty neat, too! I'm gonna give it a try this evening. Let's see which version I like best
wink.gif

EDIT: Ok, I just couldn't stand waiting and tried it right away ^^
I think the new SysCheck GX is pretty cool, I particulary like the addtional options you are given and how "clean" the list now looks. I always thought it would be a good idea to leave the lines blank instead of writing "no patches".

Unfortunately I also found two GUI bugs, both connected with the widescreen vs. 4:3 scaling. If I choose 4:3 everything would look correct except of the last window, that comes up when I want to choose where to close to (HBC, Systemmenu, etc). If I choose 16:9 however, just about everything would be out of scale and the close button as well as the scrollbar of the list would just float in mid-air. I guess the background has to be scaled for widescreen view, but appearantly it doesn't...
huh.gif

But I guess this will be an easy bugfix for you
wink.gif
Otherwise great app!

Meanwhile you can use the "AutoShutdown Homebrew" and "Shutdown Mode" options to close automatically sysCheck.

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will
wink.gif

imho you could as well simply remove the widescreen option, 'cause I'm running it on 4:3 on my wiedescreen TV and it actually doesn't look akward

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
yeah! this tool is same as the "any title lister".but this tool can't list the system installed titles just like mii,photo and so on.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R2-D2199 Has released SysCheck v2.1.0 Beta6. Not to be confused with Erik Spyder's SysCheck v1.6.2 (discontinued?) or SysCheck GX, although equally as excellent. Confusing eh?
QUOTE said:
Here are the next beta.
2.1.0b6 2.1.0b6
Es wurde die Erkennung des NANDEmu IOS253 hinzugefügt. It was the recognition of the NANDEmu IOS253 added.
Außerdem wird die USB2.0 Unterstützung des IOS58 angezeigt. In addition, the display USB2.0 support of IOS58.
MediaFire Link: syscheck-v2.1.0-b6.zip
Source Post: syscheck 2.0.1 by Double_A - Post#307 (Google Translated Link)
Source Link: sysCheck v.2.1.0 b6

-[]D

erikspyder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
R2-D2199 Has released SysCheck v2.1.0 Beta6. Not to be confused with Erik Spyder's SysCheck v1.6.2 (discontinued?) or SysCheck GX, although equally as excellent. Confusing eh?

sysCheck v1.6.2 (console) was developped by Erik Spyder (sysCheck v1.6.2 is now discontinued)
sysCheck v2.1.0 Beta 6 was developped by Double_A, R2-D2199, ... using sysCheck v1.6.2 source code and GRRLIB 2D/3D graphics library
sysCheck GX v1.0.0 was developped by Erik Spyder using sysCheck v1.6.2 source code and Tantric's LibWiiGUI library

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER