Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
SysCheckHDELogo.png~original

Description
SysCheck HacksDen Edition is a fork of SysCheck v2.0, with several of my own personal changes. It includes several bug-fixes, and much better support for the vWii.
SysCheck%20HD%20Screenshot.png~original

Downloads
SysCheck HacksDen Edition v2.4.0 (mirror)
You can download the source at SourceForge
Please do not host these files elsewhere. It is much easier to keep everything up to date if it's only at one source.

Changelog
v2.4.0
  • Added check for Beer ticket
  • Added skipped IOS's to list
  • Removed the need to reload the runtime IOS
  • SysCheck directory is created if it doesn't exist
  • Fixed incorrect runtime IOS type
  • Fixed vWii cIOS's sometimes showing as regular cIOS's
  • Fixed crash when the language is set to Italian, French, or Spanish
  • Fixed update function
  • Updated Spanish translation (thanks NaxoR93)
v2.3.2
  • Disabled vIOS check on a real Wii because it was causing problems
  • Fixed the drive date bug (for real this time)
  • Fixed possible crash when there is no AHB access
  • Fixed crash when unknown System Menu version is installed
v2.3.1
  • Added hashes for hermes cIOS 2XX[38+60]v4, 2XX[38+37]v4, and 2XX[57]v5.1 (thanks Cyan)
  • Now reports if you have a vIOS installed
  • Added support for the latest System Menu on vWii
v2.3.0
  • Added a new argument --skipIOS, which lets you skip any specific IOS in the scan. This is useful for freezes. Multiple arguments are supported.
  • Added translations for "Homebrew Channel is not installed" message
  • Added support for GC\Classic controllers, and multiple remotes
  • Added detection for DM\DML 2.11
  • Fixed BC_NAND and BC_WFS showing up as patched
  • Fixed a translation for "Unknown"
  • Fixed the report from spilling an extra line past the frame
  • Improved timing between messages
  • Improved "Sorting Titles" speed
  • Other minor changes
v2.2.1
  • Fixed the pesky bug that sometimes caused the slot number of a vWii cIOS to be way off. Thanks to asper for a good deal of testing.
v2.2.0
  • Added support for the new vWii System Menu's.
  • Fixed the ridiculous bug (possibly intentional?) where the System Menu region is defined by setting.txt, not by what's installed.
  • Added an additional method of checking the System Menu version. The current way works fine, but it doesn't hurt to have some backup methods.
  • App now exits properly on error, and memory is cleaned up.
  • Added support for DM/DML 2.7-2.10.
  • Added libruntimeiospatch v1.5.1.
  • Rewrote logfile code so it logs directly to the file (no overflows).
  • Fixed bug where a bunch of blank lines are shown on the report when you press Right close to the end of the file.
  • Added a .5 second delay after displaying report to decrease the chance of accidental uploads.
  • Added a .2 second delay between the init messages.
  • Added check for console type (Wii or Wii U).
  • Translations added for "Shop Channel Code".
  • A fair amount of optimization and cleanup.
v2.1.0
  • Fixed HBC 1.1.x detection for languages other than English
  • Fixed HBF detection for languages other than English, and removed German message if it doesn't exist
  • Fixed compile warnings
  • Added support for proper display in Windows Notepad
  • Fixed format of meta.xml file
  • Updated libCheckRegion so that it supports new Wii and vWii regions
  • Fixed Region report for the vWii
  • Added check for Shop Channel Country
  • Improved code readability
  • Support for custom 4.1 System Menu versions (544xx)
  • Changed the background and icon
  • Changed the English date format to MM/DD/YYYY because that's how it's used in conversation
  • Other minor changes
Credits
  • God for always being there for me
  • The original creators of SignCheck, SysCheck, SysCheck GX, and SysCheck 2.0
  • megazig for his suggestions and support
  • PabloACZ for some testing and advice
  • Mountain Dew for making me immortal (untested)
Donations
While donations are very much appreciated, don't do it because you feel that's the only way to get future releases.

Last edited by JoostinOnline,

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good job man, congratulations.
I'm pretty sure my Wii is up to date ( it must have been for the past year or so ) but still, it doesn't hurt to double check it's health every once in a while.
Cheers.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I was working animation until a SysCheck by ivoyfer made it clear that there is a HUGE flaw with the way it grabs the System Menu region (and no, I didn't introduce that). It doesn't check the actual version, it just assumes that you have the correct region installed and bases the U/E/J/K character (like the J in 4.3J) on the region in setting.txt.

Animation will go on hold until I fix that, as it was purely for aesthetic purposes.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ty JOO
uploading report succeeded but url not displayed!
I don't know what's going on there, but it's happening on the official version too. I considered just removing the upload button, but I left it just in case the host (I assume that's where the problem exists) gets fixed.
also background is cool but kinda make the text hard to read in the middle
I might try out other font colors. However, the loading process isn't a huge deal IMO, since it's often too fast to read anyway.

All of that goes in the back seat right now. I'm looking into the code and it seems I'll need to rewrite a pretty big chunk of it.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I know I probably sound stupid for asking this, but what does this actually do? Does it simply tally up the number of things that are out-of-date and give you a list, or does it actually use the Wii's internet connection to download and update everything itself for you? I haven't fiddled with the things on the Wii since I first set it up to run homebrew stuff, since I'm generally of the mindset of "if it isn't broken, leave it be". I've been playing Skyward Sword lately, and I'm not entirely sure if I'm still able to go on the Wii Shop Channel to download the save fix if I hit that infamous glitch later on, having heard something about some new update making the Wii Shop Channel brick the Wii or something. Would this set it up so I can do that?

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It tells you most everything that's installed on your Wii, except for channels. The main use is for analyzing the situation when something is going wrong. Often the first response to problematic-Wii threads is "Please post a SysCheck".

So no, it doesn't update anything. Stay away from those 1-in-all update programs like PimpMyWii (aka BrickMyWii).

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Why make this as a fork instead of updating the origonal?
Because then I might as well start from scratch. SignCheck is sssssooooooooooo out of date.

It's easier to make fixes and improvements to the latest one instead of writing years worth of stuff again. There was no point in it.

Edit: Also, when I started this I didn't think I was going to get sucked into doing cleanup on yet another project. I had planned on making a few changes and being done with it, but that's not how it turned out. Dirty code annoys me to no end though, and it is extremely difficult for me to just leave it alone.

xanadunl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I try to download it keeps saying I have to wait X second. And after waiting + refreshing it just restarts the timer.
Do I have to register on the site?

Edit: worked with IE instead of FF.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it possible to add USB Support?
As Upload doesn't work correctly, and saving is only for SD as far as i know, and USB isn't added yet.
Not sure if it's problematic or not.

But if the .csv can be saved in the application folder (which is at the USB for me) then that would save some trouble.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to add USB Support?
As Upload doesn't work correctly, and saving is only for SD as far as i know, and USB isn't added yet.
Not sure if it's problematic or not.

But if the .csv can be saved in the application folder (which is at the USB for me) then that would save some trouble.
Uploading is broken on their end, I can't fix it.

I've been planning to add USB support, they just hardcoded a lot of stuff so it's difficult to make it support both without rewriting a lot of the code.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah saw that.

Hmm, isn't it possible to make it save at both?
Meaning you don't change anything, you let it save at SD, and if that fails it will run the other code (Fail error blabla), and in that piece of code you save it to the USB instead?
Though, probably easier said then done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-cpu-dispensing-vending-machine-game-spotted...