Homebrew RELEASE sys-tune - background audio player with overlay

HookedBehemoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are there only 3 kind supported file formats MP3, FLAC, WAV?
What other formats do you propose?

Is there any more memory optimizations that could be made? Also is there any way you could implement a hotkey to go to the next or previous song?
1. Most likely. e.g. currently shuffle requires a duplicate list and ams::fs is overkill since we only use remote filesystem.
2. Yeah I could but I'm pretty happy with the controls via the overlay.

Could this be made to play music from a remote server?
What protocol do you think of? samba or ftp add a lot of complexity. Spotify doesn't seem feasible since their API isn't open and the only open source implementation is written in rust and relies on many posix principles we don't have on the switch.

btw does anyone know how to remove that poll?

Last edited by HookedBehemoth,

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

1. Most likely. e.g. currently shuffle requires a duplicate list and ams::fs is overkill since we only use remote filesystem.

What protocol do you think of? samba or ftp add a lot of complexity. Spotify doesn't seem feasible since their API isn't open and the only open source implementation is written in rust and relies on many posix principles we don't have on the switch.

FTP seems simpler on the user end IMO. Install a client on your computer/whatever and connect.

VectorSux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe tftp?
Also, there seems to be a java port of the api, though I doubt it makes much of a difference...

D

Deleted User

i just wanted to tell you that i love this ovl and that it has changed my life and brought me much joy, Long live HookedBehemoth!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Adding more stuff will lead to make the overlay more prone to crashes when using with other sys modules. Seems reasonable keep it simple IMO.

Last edited by cucholix,

bao3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.vultr.com
XP
Country
China

Keep it simple , Keep it stupid.

Lagunriv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any way to make that the music starts at soonest the console boot its logo, also stops when u start a game or something like that, for example, if I don't explain my self, PS4 Menus. u have that relaxing music on menus as soonest you start your console but stops when u start a game... THAT WILL BE AWESOME, I WILL PAY FOR THAT!! :ha::grog::yayps3:

1basti1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anybody have the issue, that when sys-tune is running, crash team racing starts, but crashes at the first loading screen? That's a real bummer. The only other sysmodule I have is SaltyNX. That shouldn't be too much..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16