1. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Fan

United States
    edit the script to change contype to 0, run sys-hidplus again, then change contype back to 1 then run sys-hidplus again

anytime the change grip/order screen appears, this is required for it to run

2. JackTYM

JackTYM Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Crashes when i use it on Atmosphere. Any fixes / need my logs / version? I use RCM to inject.

3. JackTYM

JackTYM Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    What CFW are you using and what firmware version? I am on Atmosphere 1.1.0.1 and when I run this it crashes HB Menu.

4. SansSans

SansSans Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    I have Atmosphere 0.16.2, FW is 11.0.1, and I haven't used the HB menu yet while I enabled sys-hid plus.

5. JackTYM

JackTYM Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Once you installed it in, does it just work with python automatically? I was expecting to have to open hb menu to activate it etc. maybe not

6. SansSans

SansSans Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    Well, as soon as you put in the contents of the package provided in the thread, the switch contents for sys-hidplus, it's already settled in. No apps, no homebrew menu management, it's already implemented. Unless if it goes wrong, troubleshoot it. Also, i'm a beginner in the homebrew scene so, take a grain of salt from me.

7. JackTYM

JackTYM Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, i’m also a beginner haha. The program itself works fine on the home menu, but when i open hb menu or any other app/game for that matter it crashes sadly. Not sure if this is a problem on my part or nkt

8. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    So is anyone using this app consistently? Im REALLY curious. So plz do respond.

Last edited by Chrisssj2, Feb 13, 2021
  9. AkumaNoYami

AkumaNoYami Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    i use the app everyday :) with friends and Parsec runs very good

10. Conbag

Conbag Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I've played several games on Parsec with this. It has worked very well and it has blown the minds of several strangers who have connected. Paired with a good upload speed and a capture card, the experience can be pretty seamless.
    Huge props to the devs involved, this is the most fun I've had with any homebrew i have tried.

I do have a few questions though.
    Is there a Discord server where i can keep track of the latest development activity?

What is the reason for the upper limit of three emulated controllers?
    Would be awesome to see 8 player smash over Parsec, even if it would be complete carnage to configure.

Are there any plans to extend this from a simple python script to an application with a GUI?
    A GUI would be great for getting visibility of the controller inputs available via parsec.
    It will also give you more scope for managing them. e.g. Controller2 should act as a joycon, not a switch pro controller.
    It would also help with mapping controllers to particular users.
    One issue I've come across is where I've had several people in my Parsec lobby. If one person has multiple controllers plugged in, they may inadvertently take up one of the 3 slots that would have gone to another user.
    Without a GUI it is quite difficult to answer simple questions like "Who is P2" and "Why is this guy's controller not being picked up as P4?"

Manito likes this.
  11. AkumaNoYami

Newcomer

Germany
    i really hope he gets support for Gyro (the ps4 controller have a gyroscope so maybe .. some day) :D wanna Play Mario Party with Friends

12. nachuz

OP nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Chile
    Hello :)
    Right now I don't have a Discord server
    I tend to work on this when I'm motivated and I have free time (sometimes for both of them to occur can take a few months), recently I picked it up again to rework a few things, such as compatibility for 4 controllers (and probably more once I learn more about sockets, UDP and C++) and fixes for the latest libnx version (haven't tested the new hid features, but I hope they can come handy to add support for more things). Testing is also difficult for me because sometimes convincing my friends to play with me is a bit hard and I can't really test it with much people due to high ping (I live in Chile :b)
    After reading all of your feedback, I'll definitely make an UI for this to make it easier for everyone to use it
    Thanks for using sys-hidplus :)

Chrisssj2, Conbag and Manito like this.
  13. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Do you sometimes have any issue getting the controller to be recognised? Does it work for you the same across many different games?
    Like if you quit game, and go to other game instantly connects etc.?

14. AkumaNoYami

Newcomer

Germany
    atm i have no issues with a controller disconnect
    sometimes i need to restart my switch when i want Add a player
    but most of the times its run very good

only problem > with Parsec .. a Friend get a Freeze and we dont know why

15. JackTYM

JackTYM Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    For the controller issue, I installed tesla and gave sys-hidplus a toolbox.json, so I can toggle it on and off without a restart

Chrisssj2 likes this.
  16. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Can you explain to me how you do this please? Toolbox?

17. AkumaNoYami

Newcomer

Germany
    PLS teach us Sensei

Chrisssj2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - sysmodule, gamepads, hidplus