• Views 511,519
  • Replies 1,366
  • Likes 88

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't worry if you give the code to KazushiMe he will just piggyback off of that anyway. but yeah this shit is like deja vu
Eh, I'm not gonna be petty, if KazushiMe ever needs or asks for anything from me I'd be happy to help in whatever way(s) I can (whether it be something with overclocking or something unrelated), he seems nice and reasonable.
But yeah.

Reactions: deathblade200

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope that this question has not been answered a thousands times but I updated to AMS 1.3.1 and OFW 14.1.0 and now my sys-clk 1.0.0 shows the error "sys-clk does not seem to be running, please check that it is correctly installed and enabled".
Has this been fixed with version 1.0.2?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that this question has not been answered a thousands times but I updated to AMS 1.3.1 and OFW 14.1.0 and now my sys-clk 1.0.0 shows the error "sys-clk does not seem to be running, please check that it is correctly installed and enabled".
Has this been fixed with version 1.0.2?
https://github.com/retronx-team/sys-clk/releases/tag/1.0.2

This minor update mainly fixes a sysmodule crash that happens when trying to poll temperatures on HOS >= 14.0.0.

Because one of the method to get precise temperatures was removed, it also means that starting HOS 14 you will no longer have decimal precision on "PCB" and "SOC" temperatures.

Included from develop since the last release:

• Fix freqs on ResetToStock(); for Boost Mode GPU
  • libnx compat fixes
  • libtesla updated from upstream
  • Use ts:GetTemperature on HOS 14.0.0+ instead of ts:GetTemperatureMilliC
  • Release files dont enable logs by default anymore
EDIT: The release files have been updated to match the tag version, and with the log flag removed by default. Thanks to everyone who tested!

Reactions: jnl1

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a stupid question: so it's mentioned that GPU is capped at 460MHz without a charger. Is there any way to work around this cap?
https://github.com/jope82/sys-clk-uncapped-gpu-and-other-extras

Check hint for uncapped values:
"It doesn't change the profile, e.g without a charger you are still at profile 'Handheld'. If you need to change the profile without the requirement to connect a charger, use the setting 'Minimum profile'."

I have used uncapped values for almost 2 years now without any problems.

Reactions: reds11 and WarfareD

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have a stupid question: so it's mentioned that GPU is capped at 460MHz without a charger. Is there any way to work around this cap?
Of cource. Up to 1.5GHz GPU from battery - with undervolting tweak.
P.s. As the experience of tens of thousands of 4IFIR users shows, there are no problems with the battery or anything else. At least outside the sick fantasy of the cultists from RetroNX. You see them above. They think overclocking shouldn't exist, outside of their community lol.

Last edited by Cooler3D,
Reactions: zerofalcon

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.s. As the experience of tens of thousands of 4IFIR users shows, there are no problems with the battery or anything else. At least outside the sick fantasy of the cultists from RetroNX. You see them above. They think overclocking shouldn't exist, outside of their community lol.
other than the people giving reports of the opposite on your own site which you completely ignore including those that say it turns off their device or drains insanely fast due to it using too much power/being unstable but yet you keep misinforming people to only look at heat

Last edited by deathblade200,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
other than the people giving reports of the opposite on your own site which you completely ignore including those that say it turns off their device or drains insanely fast due to it using too much power/being unstable but yet you keep misinforming people to only look at heat
give links to msgs of ppl who complained about the mod there

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by deathblade200,

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take it from someone who has used 921 on battery for very little time, It will damage your battery greatly, hell I get low voltage shutoffs at 70ish %

Reactions: 3DSBricker

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks! I understand that this might hurt the battery, but I'd like to try it anyway.
Buddy it will destroy your battery, I used higher clocks for small increments and my battery got damaged quite a bit, plus the low voltage shutoff for me was around 80ish%, higher is probably going to make the battery shutoff around 90ish % in your case.

Last edited by Anxiety_timmy,

WarfareD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Buddy it will destroy your battery, I used higher clocks for small increments and my battery got damaged quite a bit, plus the low voltage shutoff for me was around 80ish%, higher is probably going to make the battery shutoff around 90ish % in your case.
Well, I have a weird issue that demanding games in handheld mode keep crashing unless I overclock GPU. No idea why. So for me this workaround is the only way to play handheld without cable.

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you using ReverseNX by any chance? Never heard of such problems but it's worth the try. You're drawing so much power in handheld that the Voltage will drop extremely know (and it's been told many times so I won't tell this again). Maybe worth the try to use ReverseNX. (also IF you're going to overclock the GPU that high then at least make sure the CPU frequency is very low).

WarfareD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried using ReverseNX as well, but haven't seen any difference with or without it.
I've left memory and CPU values without changes as they didn't affect crashes. Do you think decreasing CPU frequency would make it more stable?

Regarding graphics mods - I don't have any installed. It's a fresh reinstalled package with the latest Atmoshpere/Hekate/sigpatches on a new SD card.
I have a separate thread on this topic if you're interested in details:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixing-crashes-in-handheld-mode.612123/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo