Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Did you install sys-clk? how did you go about that?
Yes, if by 'installing' you mean drag and drop files from zip file onto sd root.
did you enable sys-clk? Is it actually running?
enable? i tried entering it in HBmenu, and runing it from Tesla overlay, and i see that message. Idk what you mean by 'enable' but i presume that is it?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if by 'installing' you mean drag and drop files from zip file onto sd root.

enable?
Where did you pull it from? I’ll take a look.

sys-clk needs to be running so it needs a boot2.flag so it will start on boot.

I typically do this via Hekate-toolbox (or DeepSea-toolbox) or sys-modules overlay in Tesla (if you have that installed already)

In this Tesla Menu example you can see I have sys-clk installed but it is set to X (to not start on boot) and as a result it is off which would cause me to see the same error you are seeing right now if I were to attempt the same thing.

image.jpg

here’s the same sys-clk service status in DeepSea ToolBox (it’s set to Off)

image.jpg

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I typically do this via Hekate-toolbox (or DeepSea-toolbox) or sys-modules overlay in Tesla (if you have that installed already)
I don't have DeepSea in HBmenu, but i do have overlay called "Sysmodules v1.2.1-a68e023-dirty"
overlay where i can turn on or off things, but i see only: Fzeau, MissionControll, SaltyNX.... NO Sys-clk, even though i DO
have sys-clk overlay AND app in HBmenu.

In this Tesla Menu example you can see I have sys-clk installed but it is set to X (to not start on boot) and as a result it is off which would cause me to see the same error you are seeing right now if I were to attempt the same thing.

View attachment 348833

View attachment 348834
Where did you buy those Joy-Cons (i like them)?
Also i see Tin Foil. I heard that app is malicious but you use it. Did you have any problems with it?

Last edited by Metoroid0,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the tut I told you in the other thread...

In my opinion OC suite is better and bring a improved version of sys-clk which is modified from the original.

Anyway I started with sys-clk and soon I completely went for OC suite specially after like V4.0.0 fully supporting Erista out-of-the-box...

Ps: someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Reactions: binkinator

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan

View attachment 348833

View attachment 348834
Now, for some odd reason, sys-clk works in hbmenu and as an overlay, but i still dont see it in deepsea or in sys-modules to turn it on or off... Weird.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great. This is the official place to get it. Can’t go wrong with that.
I don't have DeepSea in HBmenu, but i do have overlay called "Sysmodules v1.2.1-a68e023-dirty"
overlay where i can turn on or off things, but i see only: Fzeau, MissionControll, SaltyNX.... NO Sys-clk, even though i DO
have sys-clk overlay AND app in HBmenu.
then something was installed wrong. We can take a look at that.
Where did you buy those Joy-Cons (i like them)?
I built them out of shells ordered from boxypixel.com

here’s the writeup I did on them:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/aluminum-switch-wip.614047/
Also i see Tin Foil. I heard that app is malicious but you use it. Did you have any problems with it?
Some people make claims based on emotion. I operate on logic. Tinfoil is a great tool.
Now, for some odd reason, sys-clk works in hbmenu and as an overlay, but i still dont see it in deepsea or in sys-modules to turn it on or off... Weird.
something is still amiss. Need to go back over the instructions

edit: I know what it is. Put the attached file in you /atmospher/contents/00FF0000636C6BFF/ directory and it will show up in toolbox and give you a proper status report. (I had to put it in a zip file…unzip it to the the one toolbox.json file you need)
Post automatically merged:

Follow the tut I told you in the other thread...

In my opinion OC suite is better and bring a improved version of sys-clk which is modified from the original.

Anyway I started with sys-clk and soon I completely went for OC suite specially after like V4.0.0 fully supporting Erista out-of-the-box...

Ps: someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Yeah, no. You’re not wrong. Overclocking is a black art and a long journey of trial and error unless you follow the lead of others. It’s tough to know what to do on your own.

Attachments

• toolbox.json.zip
    210 bytes · Views: 82
Last edited by binkinator,

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
then something was installed wrong. We can take a look at that.
Everything works though, i just do not see it in DeepSea app or in Sysmodules overlay.
What do you have on mind?

Some people make claims based on emotion. I operate on logic. Tinfoil is a great tool.
What do you mean, what logic?

edit: I know what it is. Put the attached file in you /atmospher/contents/00FF0000636C6BFF/ directory and it will show up in toolbox and give you a proper status report. (I had to put it in a zip file…unzip it to the the one toolbox.json file you need)
I'll try that.

OFF-TOPIC:
Speaking of atmosphere/content folder.... i have 1000+ folders in it (cheats) that i downloaded here for EdiZon,
and i saw somewhere i can update them using AIO updater, but when i do, the app crashes. Any idea why or do i
need to open new threat for that?

Last edited by Metoroid0,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works though, i just do not see it in DeepSea app or in Sysmodules overlay.
What do you have on mind?https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/

What do you mean, what logic?

I'll try that.

OFF-TOPIC:
Speaking of atmosphere/content folder.... i have 1000+ folders in it (cheats) that i downloaded here for EdiZon,
and i saw somewhere i can update them using AIO updater, but when i do, the app crashes. Any idea why or do i
need to open new threat for that?
I never used a sysmodule manager my self, I have all just thrown into contents active by default...

About AIO updater there's a thread for it already but having all that spam I'm sure it's not helping, you can ask here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/

In case you can open the AIO updater by opening any switch game while keeping R button pressed I'd open it go into tools and press "delete all existing cheat codes" if I was you :)

About tinfoil if you go to its payload section you will get the point LOL (Atmosphere = worse CFW ever :D, not to mention the rest SX related).

I like using it despite claiming I have worse CFW ever and before I had Best CFW...

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was an unnecessary kerfluffle. It’s in the past. Tinfoil works great. I stay out of politics and religious discussions. That is all.

Reactions: guily6669

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
About tinfoil if you go to its payload section you will get the point LOL (Atmosphere = worse CFW ever :D, not to mention the rest SX related).

I like using it despite claiming I have worse CFW ever and before I had Best CFW...
Well, my problem with TinFoil is that i heard its malicious close source software, and that some people had issues with it, so i'm curious.... I mean its not worth it if i brick my Switch using it...

There was an unnecessary kerfluffle. It’s in the past. Tinfoil works great. I stay out of politics and religious discussions. That is all.
Oh in the PAST, i see... Religious, political?? What do you mean, what does that has to do with Switch and TinFoil?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my problem with TinFoil is that i heard its malicious close source software, and that some people had issues with it, so i'm curious.... I mean its not worth it if i brick my Switch using it...

Oh in the PAST, i see... Religious, political?? What do you mean, what does that has to do with Switch and TinFoil?

It‘s ancient history that doesn’t need repeating but people still get upset about it to this day as a result. You have to separate the artist from the art sometimes. FWIW I’ve been running it since I started…never any issues. Nothing malicious. It is closed source, but then again, so is Windows, so now where is your god? Tinfoil is the best way to connect to the shops.

Speaking of closed source, two of the best installers are closed source; Tinfoil and my favorite one at the moment, DBI, is made by Ze Russians! *clutches pearls* (At least one of them is actually Ukrainian, but that doesn’t sell newspapers, now does it?)

Like I said, I stay away from politics and separate the apps from the creators.

Here are the installers I run on my machines (in no particular order)

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Tinfoil — alternate location.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

timbru31

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm hitting the same issue here, too. What's weird that even Tesla is not loaded by default and requires me to start it as a sysmodule via the Kosmos toolbox. Seems like my Atmosphere firmware is not correctly loading the boot2.flag files?!

Anyone encountered such issues?
Running FW 16.0.0 with Atmo 1.5.0

Edit: Omg, this fixed my issue:
Hekate home> Tool (central up)> Arch bit (down left almost to the corner) > Fix Archive Bit

Last edited by timbru31,

TeDesco

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
I had the same issue, after install I just restarted the console and then it worked like a charm.
Everytime you had a new NRO app you should restart the switch to allow the some of them to initialise with wtartup service ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/