Sync Wii remote to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by MarcusRaven, Sep 23, 2011.

Sep 23, 2011

Sync Wii remote to iPad? by MarcusRaven at 1:58 PM (4,610 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    I know that some apps can sync to Wii remotes, like various emulators, but is there an extension or add-on that allows the iPad to sync to the Wii remote in general? I'd like to try its compatibility in some official apps that allow Blutooth controllers, but without being able to sync to iPad's blutooth device list I'm starting to think its impossible. >.< Any help?

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    You need to ensure your iPad is jailbroken before being able to sync a Wii remote, as you need to have BTStack installed (an alternate bluetooth connectivity addon) in order to pair it. Also you can only pair it and use it with apps that are designed to read from the Wii remote.

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    I figured as much. Guess no Wii remote controlled Muffin Knight for me. >.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I haven't heard of a way to make the Wiimote act as a generic controller for apps that don't explicitly support it either, but to be fair I've been out of the loop for about a year or so in terms of actively keeping up with the scene (I still have iOS 3.1.3 installed, for instance >_>)