ROM Hack WIP Symphonic Rain Translation

wwwklopar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello! We are from russian translation group FaceOff! We want to port english and russian translation for such a beautiful novel as Symphonic Rain from PC version, but we are faced with several problems that we cannot solve, so we are looking for help here.
Problems:
1) Font size for Russian translation
2) The distance between the letters for the Russian translation
3) Border of the text field
Most likely all of this data is stored in exefs of rom, because in the PC version it was stored in the .exe game.
Can someone help us with this?

2019050416092700-4949BF6934BECEAC5B9F8C418AA1DE94.jpg 2019050416094600-4949BF6934BECEAC5B9F8C418AA1DE94.jpg 2019050722302500-4949BF6934BECEAC5B9F8C418AA1DE94.jpg 2019050722300500-4949BF6934BECEAC5B9F8C418AA1DE94.jpg

Last edited by wwwklopar,

wwwklopar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ahh... I messed with title( Sorry for this
Symphonic Rain Translation

We can send all the files with messages. Thanks for attention to the thread.

Last edited by wwwklopar,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ah, so it was border issue... I was looking to port English translation, but when I checked that it's going out of border, then I was thinking it will need additional break lines and I gave up. :D

I will check tomorrow if I can help with exefs.
Could you write how it was found in exe? It can make searching easier.

wwwklopar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ah, so it was border issue... I was looking to port English translation, but when I checked that it's going out of border, then I was thinking it will need additional break lines and I gave up. :D

I will check tomorrow if I can help with exefs.
Could you write how it was found in exe? It can make searching easier.
Well... I maybe wrong about boarders because that's first KOGADO novel novel with which i am working. In exe i found only info about font, so maybe your suggestion about additional break lines was correct.

Reactions: masagrator

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There may be an issue because this texts were made for PC version with smaller font, so on Switch, where is bigger font, it goes out of border. So only solution is changing font size/spacing/other if we don't want to work with changing brake lines - that's my hunch.
So strings were English in exe? Because I don't know Kana or Kanji. :P

Last edited by masagrator,

wwwklopar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There may be an issue because this texts were made for PC version with smaller font, so on Switch, where is bigger font, it goes out of border. So only solution is changing font size/spacing/other if we don't want to work with changing brake lines - that's my hunch.
So strings were English in exe? Because I don't know Kana or Kanji. :P
If i'm not wrong, on english exept font's name.

FontSize = 34\r\n
Font.Charset = SHIFTJIS_CHARSET\r\n
Font.Color = clWindowText\r\n
Font.Height = 34\r\n
Font.Name = 'MS ゴシック'\r\n
Font.Pitch = fpFixed\r\n
Font.Style = []\r\n
Left = 128\r\n
Top = 136\r\n

Reactions: masagrator

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So exefs doesn't contain any informations about font size etc (or it's hardcoded). I can't help. There are functions for setting font properties, but there are no strings to edit.

Better try to find where is font, because it can't be in exefs (probably bntx textures). If it's the same size for letters, then probably whole font is fixed. Because I see they used Nintendo tools beside SDK to port this, so maybe this game doesn't have much in common with PC release.

Reactions: wwwklopar

wwwklopar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So exefs doesn't contain any informations about font size etc (or it's hardcoded). I can't help. There are functions for setting font properties, but there are no strings to edit.

Better try to find where is font, because it can't be in exefs (probably bntx textures). If it's the same size for letters, then probably whole font is fixed. Because I see they used Nintendo tools beside SDK to port this, so maybe this game doesn't have much in common with PC release.
Well... This is bad because I have not found any font texture ... Can the game then use the system font?

wwwklopar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Also i think that scripts mustt be reworked, cause they are causing errors during the game, but i don't know how to edit them, because header was changes from times of old .kgo script and Kogado Assembly Tools now not working with them.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you are interested in porting other English vn translations, then I recommend Dies Irae.
Localization file has the same ToC and text sectors construction as Steam release, but:
1. has more lines and because of that & ToC localization is messed up (and it needs some customization because few audio files are merged/splitted in comparison to PC)
2. text in PC release has UTF-16 LE fixed (all characters have 2 bytes), when Switch release not (Unicode characters under 256 have 1 byte, 256-65535 2 bytes).

It needs someone who can make tool to export and import text (it can be done in python). Game even has working windows debugger in game files. ;)

And it doesn't have issue with no border.

Meda

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I'm sorry to reply to old post.
Is there anyone who knows how to edit the script file of the Kogado studio game?
I can't find a known infomation for the .kgo file...

mbombo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry to reply to old post.
Is there anyone who knows how to edit the script file of the Kogado studio game?
I can't find a known infomation for the .kgo file...
Hi, I'm also sorry for reviving an old thread, but I open kgo script files in Notepad++ (like a txt file) changing ANSI to UTF-8

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because I don't have anything to do, I went back to this game.
Disassembled fully scr0001.kgo and it seems it doesn't have any info about font size, so executable needs patching.

Game is using class "nn::fontll::ScalableFontEngine", so I guess I need to patch there some stuff.

Attachments

• scr0001.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn