Hacking SXOS set-up questions

DonRamon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey people, new SXOS user here, just got the device and will use on my Switch soon, but I have a few questions now before starting

1 - XCI games need to bypass system firmware version right? This is also needed if I install games of .NSP format?
2 - To update the firmware, I read about a program able to do it without burning fuses, it´s the best method? (my console is on 4.0.1)
3 - I plan to use sleep mode instead of AutoRCM installation, no problems there right? (I mean, no extra usage of battery or other issues)

And, I think that is it!

Thank you for the help!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You can't bypass FW version with XCIs, unless you install them via tinfoil. But then you have thrown your money out the window. I was apparently wrong...
Yes.ChoidujourNX is the best method to update, unless you don't care about fuses or change of getting banned.
No problem.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people, new SXOS user here, just got the device and will use on my Switch soon, but I have a few questions now before starting

1 - XCI games need to bypass system firmware version right? This is also needed if I install games of .NSP format?
2 - To update the firmware, I read about a program able to do it without burning fuses, it´s the best method? (my console is on 4.0.1)
3 - I plan to use sleep mode instead of AutoRCM installation, no problems there right? (I mean, no extra usage of battery or other issues)

And, I think that is it!

Thank you for the help!
  1. .XCI games don't have the extra metadata in them like .NSP files inflating their actual firmware requirements
  2. It is called ChoiDujourNX and it is a homebrew application
  3. If you plan to update your firmware using ChoiDujourNX, it will install AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt. However AutoRCM has no bearing on battery life during active usage or in sleep mode; it only reduces the charge in RCM which is a non-issue as one shouldn't be charging the console in RCM anyways

DonRamon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
  1. .XCI games don't have the extra metadata in them like .NSP files inflating their actual firmware requirements
  2. It is called ChoiDujourNX and it is a homebrew application
  3. If you plan to update your firmware using ChoiDujourNX, it will install AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being burnt. However AutoRCM has no bearing on battery life during active usage or in sleep mode; it only reduces the charge in RCM which is a non-issue as one shouldn't be charging the console in RCM anyways
Thanks!, so, to make things clear

1. So, I don´t need to update things up for playing .XCI? Got a little confused there
2. Yeah, will definetely use that one after doing the NAND backup
3 . So, I NEED to instal AutoRCM to update with ChoiDujourNX? Just to know if, again, I´m not willing to keep the game on AutoRCM, but in sleep mode, so, if I need to install this AutoRCM, can I update things and then uninstal it later on?

Thank you for the help, you guys already helped me a lot!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!, so, to make things clear

1. So, I don´t need to update things up for playing .XCI? Got a little confused there
2. Yeah, will definetely use that one after doing the NAND backup
3 . So, I NEED to instal AutoRCM to update with ChoiDujourNX? Just to know if, again, I´m not willing to keep the game on AutoRCM, but in sleep mode, so, if I need to install this AutoRCM, can I update things and then uninstal it later on?

Thank you for the help, you guys already helped me a lot!
  1. You must be on the firmware that the .XCI file requires; there is no way around this
  2. Just leaving this here so the order doesn't get messed up
  3. Depends. If you are updating your firmware, then you should let ChoiDujourNX install AutoRCM to prevent fuses from being irreversibly burnt. If you are not changing your firmware and just adding exFAT support to your current firmware, then you do not need AutoRCM. If for whatever reason you wish to remove AutoRCM, I would recommend using briccmii to uninstall it since it can remove any form of AutoRCM

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could also use emunand to remain your sysnand on 4.0.1 with autorcm off and update your emunand to 6.1 without burning your fuses

DonRamon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You could also use emunand to remain your sysnand on 4.0.1 with autorcm off and update your emunand to 6.1 without burning your fuses

That seems great! Will try this way then!

I just need to create the emunand partition on the SXOS start menu, right? Then update with ChoiDujourNX by entering the system with "emunand enabled"

Just let me know if this is the modus-operandi and seems I´m good to go!

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That seems great! Will try this way then!

I just need to create the emunand partition on the SXOS start menu, right? Then update with ChoiDujourNX by entering the system with "emunand enabled"

Just let me know if this is the modus-operandi and seems I´m good to go!
Yes, when you update your emunand remember to uncheck the autorcm option from ChoiDujourNX as is not needed for emunand.

fadafwet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
as one shouldn't be charging the console in RCM anyways

Can you elaborate on this because my switch is always in RCM and almost always charging on the dock
and I don't see the problem in it. I would like to know why I should not charge it in RCM
thank you

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you elaborate on this because my switch is always in RCM and almost always charging on the dock
and I don't see the problem in it. I would like to know why I should not charge it in RCM
thank you
If the console has AutoRCM installed, it charges much slower in RCM. Charging for excessively long times in RCM with AutoRCM installed can display incorrect battery levels as the the percentage is increasing at a much lower rate than the system expects.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s