Hacking Question Sx pro Nintendo switch repairs

seanrhodes05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sending in my Nintendo switch in for repairs do you think Nintendo repair center could tell if I was using sx os??

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have auto rcm on?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and we need to know what needs repairing

seanrhodes05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew, “”””””backup”””””” loading, nsp installing, layeredfs mods (never gotten any errors while doing this), titlekeys and rawnand extraction, and hekate

Do you have auto rcm on?

Oh and we need to know what needs repairing
No autorcm (cause I’m not an idiot) and the right joycon rail on the switch is being repaired because I was impatient waiting for my jig and used a paper clip (because I am an idiot)

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We all if your nand isnt damaged they will know from the nsp installs
Well seeing it's just the rail fix they might not check the system and just update it but you never know

Last edited by chippy,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with AutoRCM? It's less dangerous and less of a ban risk then most of the stuff you've done. The only thing is that you can't really trust that it's powered off.

seanrhodes05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with AutoRCM? It's less dangerous and less of a ban risk then most of the stuff you've done. The only thing is that you can't really trust that it's powered off.
Oh I didn't know this. The last time I was reading about autorcm there were a high amount of bans from it.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, as far as your question goes. I think layeredFS + NSPs + a screwed up pin 10 = you're fucked. Maybe not 100% but it seems fairly likely that they'll figure out that you used the RCM vulnerability.

seanrhodes05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows really. Maybe they'll just fix the rail and boot it to test. They might not poke around.
Yeah that's what I was thinking considering they are just the repair center. And in the event that they do figure it out will they send me back a banned console or just confiscate it?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They may just clone the emmc to another "repaired" unit and give that to you without ever poking around, if you are lucky. I would just fix it myself or get a local shop to do it.

seanrhodes05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may just clone the emmc to another "repaired" unit and give that to you without ever poking around, if you are lucky. I would just fix it myself or get a local shop to do it.
Already considered repairing it myself my mother was not on board with the idea. And all the local nintendo repair centers I called had no idea what i was talking about when I asked them about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD