Hacking Discussion SX OS's Ban Reports

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone who doesn't care about playing multiplayer games. I never took any precautions with my 3ds and as far as I know it didn't get banned. I didn't order one but if I did I wouldn't care if my Switch got banned, you can still play games.
the funny part is that they are banning the user from using the eshop, so what is going to do a user that its offline and have no way of buying online games, well pirating nintendo :P

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i think this is better than installing NSA aka titles
We might have a chance that we won't get banned at all, like they can't find out that we are using backups
Unless you make your own dumps, a simple check of the cart cert is a super simple way for them to check the legitimacy of your "cart"

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unless you make your own dumps, a simple check of the cart cert is a super simple way for them to check the legitimacy of your "cart"
I don’t think that they will check every cart...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because in the near future you will have to pay to play online, you lose that money just for a trial :P
Well by that time I would already got a new switch for online and legit games
While I keep this one for homebrews and hacking

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I don’t think that they will check every cart...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well by that time I would already got a new switch for online and legit games
While I keep this one for homebrews and hacking
Indeed that is the real idea on the switch life, if you want online pay for the games, pay for the online but with a legit switch, you dont risk anything

Reactions: NeoSlyde

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well TX said they are still not banned
Yet. That's the key term. Should be simple for Nintendo to implement. If you stay completely offline like they recommend you are probably safe. But if Nintendo adds a log function that notes what you're cert is and then sends that info off when you connect to online, you are totally banned.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yet. That's the key term. Should be simple for Nintendo to implement. If you stay completely offline like they recommend you are probably safe. But if Nintendo adds a log function that notes what you're cert is and then sends that info off when you connect to online, you are totally banned.
Did you know that hakate have a log wiper
I won’t be surprised if sx os have the same

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well in the ps4 we have a limit to the firmware so bannings are not happening but on the switch there is no limit for the firmware versino

True, but it may depend on HOW you update the firmware going forward. If you have a modded Switch and go online to update firmware that could be bad. We may need to wait until .xci files from games (like Zelda .01) include firmware updates.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
True, but it may depend on HOW you update the firmware going forward. If you have a modded Switch and go online to update firmware that could be bad. We may need to wait until .xci files from games (like Zelda .01) include firmware updates.
then you are auto banning yourself, you wont update because its too risky, you cannot access the eshop because its too risky, you wont get updates because is too risky, you are banned in all colors

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well how you will update your games without being online?

I was told in another thread that getting banned apparently only prevent you from accessing eshop and playing online. You can apparently still update your games. So if you never plan on going online to begin with, it doesn't matter since you will be able to update all your pirated games anyway.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I was told in another thread that getting banned apparently only prevent you from accessing eshop and playing online. You can apparently still update your games. So if you never plan on going online to begin with, it doesn't matter since you will be able to update all your pirated games anyway.
but you wont be able to get dlc and buy eshop exclusives, but its no biggie in the end

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...