Hacking SX OS - Playing own Dumps

aligborat69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I haven't been on here for a while joys of having kids! I recently read up on the SX OS Pro etc and will order one. What I wanted to ask, since people are getting banned, if I was to purely use my SX using my own dumps of my Physical carts, is that also going to get flagged for a ban?

Basically, Im a physical game collector, so I wont sell on my games, never have, but using this device means that:

* Can have all my games, like 50+ Physical carts, on my Switch MicroSD
* No need to carry carts around (less chance of theft/loss of 10+ carts).
* I have no interest in playing pirated games.

So basically, in theory, if I was to play my own backups, i shouldn't really get banned, should I? Since its not hundreds/thousands of people using my Cart dump, just myself.

Hopefully thats the case!

Thanks

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I haven't been on here for a while joys of having kids! I recently read up on the SX OS Pro etc and will order one. What I wanted to ask, since people are getting banned, if I was to purely use my SX using my own dumps of my Physical carts, is that also going to get flagged for a ban?

Basically, Im a physical game collector, so I wont sell on my games, never have, but using this device means that:

So basically, in theory, if I was to play my own backups, i shouldn't really get banned, should I? Since its not hundreds/thousands of people using my Cart dump, just myself.

Thanks
Use wain cart dumper to dump your games. be sure to choose to dump the rom with its cert for online play and updates to be safe.

aligborat69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd use the gdc dumper
The available version of Wain doesn't support type2

I think latest version of Wain does support type2 now.

Looking forward to dumping my carts onto a 256gb MicroSD and having them available to play without taking them out with me.

I suppose if somehow I do get banned, even though I am not playing illegal roms then i'll just get a 2nd Switch for playing my carts and carry on using my original out and about.

Switchgamer90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks

I have been playing online with my legit dumps of MK8 and Splatoon 2 since SX OS 1.1 and havent been banned yet. So i think its safe. I used WAIN to dump my carts with cert

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing online with my legit dumps of MK8 and Splatoon 2 since SX OS 1.1 and havent been banned yet. So i think its safe. I used WAIN to dump my carts with cert
Do not equate not being banned with being safe. Bans do not have to be instantaneous, can be carried out in waves, or random in worst-case scenarios. No modification done to a console is ever 100% safe.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well in all fairness I have been using both WAIN and gcdumptool with only personal owned games, roughly 48 titles.
All dumped with the cert included.

I have 'risked' updating, online play etc with them. No issues till this point.
Does that mean 100% safe, nope ... but it is possible.

Just dont mess with scene releases, save edits, hacking of games, basically anything which involves breaking normal game behavior.
And your 'luck' should greatly increase.

Last edited by PatrickD85,
Reactions: Switchgamer90

Switchgamer90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well in all fairness I have been using both WAIN and gcdumptool with only personal owned games, roughly 48 titles.
All dumped with the cert included.

I have 'risked' updating, online play etc with them. No issues till this point.
Does that mean 100% safe, nope ... but it is possible.

Just dont mess with scene releases, save edits, hacking of games, basically anything which involves breaking normal game behavior.
And your 'luck' should greatly increase.

Coudnt agree more. Its a very likely possibility that nintendo can tell when somone is using SXOS but i dont think they care (as of now) when they see people using "legit" dumps with private certs. I didnt care about piracy much and the greatest benefit for me in regards to SXOS is the ease of not having to carry my carts with me everywhere i go. I dont touch save files for online games like MK8 but i do mod strictly offline games like BOTW. This is a calculated risk and if i ever get banned in future it would be well expected.

Last edited by Switchgamer90,
Reactions: PatrickD85

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Coudnt agree more. Its a very likely possibility that nintendo can tell when somone is using SXOS but i dont think they care (as of now) when they see people using "legit" dumps with private certs. I didnt care about piracy much and the greatest benefit for me in regards to SXOS is the ease of not having to carry my carts with me everywhere i go. I dont touch save files for online games like MK8 but i do mod strictly offline games like BOTW. This is a calculated risk and if i ever get banned in future it would be well expected.

Yep this.
If you want perfectly safe, then dont go the SX OS, layeredfs, homebrew route in any way really just yet.
But if you play it smart, well the risk is not that high really as multiple have demonstrated.
The reference of online games is spot on, remember the people banned for hacking in the octolings early ... well ... thats asking for it basically :P

Reactions: Switchgamer90

ahmerkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I've using personal dumps too, and currently no problems yet.
i have a problem i use wain cart dumps , it goes fine but when i start the game from my own dumps it shows you have to update and icant play the game ,, i m dumping full game with certs.. any solution??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have a problem i use wain cart dumps , it goes fine but when i start the game from my own dumps it shows you have to update and icant play the game ,, i m dumping full game with certs.. any solution??

Deleted member 129634

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which games? Some games need an update to work properly so you'll have to either download the updates directly on your switch or update them through nsp files and devmenu

ahmerkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
La noire has issues afaik and I'm pretty sure it has a mandatory download to play the game, fifa should work fine are you sure you can't just skip the update? There should be an option to just start the software
actually i cant play it even without a dump i inserted the game card and start the game this msg shows " a software update is required ,it.ll download now " no other options why???

actually i cant play it even without a dump i inserted the game card and start the game this msg shows " a software update is required ,it.ll download now " no other options why???
i think its system software update

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I've read the chances of getting banned are low especially since nobody else will be using that same cert as you ever. I mean if you went to the shop dumped the game then returned it there is always that small chance the next guy to pick it up either does the same or plays it when you do connecting online raising a huge red flag to Nintendo, if both are using online at the same time with that title. You should be fine for the most part but I'd say there's always, ALWAYS still the chance of being banned so don't be mad when it happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse