Hacking Rumor SX OS is not over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
I always wondered something about the legality making an opensource XCI loader. If I understand it correctly SXOS uses code from an original cartridge which is illegal.
Wouldn't it be possible to get this code on runtime from an inserted cartridge?

Not sure if this would work or if it would circumvent the legal issues, just curious ^^
Something similar to this is already done for the cart reader firmware on mariko units on atmosphere to support returning from sleep on firmwares lower to that of the cart reader. The cart reader firmware is cached ( and I think it is also decrypted ) when not seen on a folder on the SD card. I think this cached version is the lowest you can go on the sysnand/emunand firmware without having the return from sleep issue.

This is a somewhat vague idea I have about it and I could be wrong/uncomplete, but the idea still applies.

Reactions: BlackTSQ

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I always wondered something about the legality making an opensource XCI loader. If I understand it correctly SXOS uses code from an original cartridge which is illegal.
Wouldn't it be possible to get this code on runtime from an inserted cartridge?

Not sure if this would work or if it would circumvent the legal issues, just curious ^^
Hacking a console is illegal aswell so this whole argument is BS, stupid ideological crap ppl making a cult of feeling better then some others. Human ego's.

Reactions: nWo and Inaki

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hacking a console is illegal aswell so this whole argument is BS, stupid ideological crap ppl making a cult of feeling better then some others. Human ego's.

It's not about feeling better than someone, it's about not having a swat team knocking on your door :ph34r:

Shiro_The_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive always wondered ,
im not gonna pretend that i know atmospheres code or Sxos xci code ,
But probley not gonna be possible in the way im about to suggest. That there isnt a addon to add that XCI code to Atmosphere to allow xci loading., The reason why i ask is cause its not like sig patches are included in atmosphere and we all know what they do. Maybe something similar could be developed as a separate addon that could be done in the future. if something like this happened i think people would slowly move away from sxos at that point i don't think there's anything different between them i could be wrong though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You kinda look eh... upset (butthurted). Bad for gbatemp.

XCI loading is kinda niche, tbh. Never really used even when I got the chance, since nsp games have better loading times.

Not upset. Just speaking truth. It's this world of millennials that have been told they are special and everybody gets a ribbon even if they suck. You guys are WAY too sensitive. Just because I don't coddle you doesn't mean I am upset. That's your mom's job. I don't feel like I should be respectful to people who bully and lie. And they aren't special either.

Who says the loading times are different? Get a better HDD. The difference is negligible at best. How about SSD? SD readers?? That's a ridiculous argument.

Well... there is a driver from DarkMatterCore so.... the ground is there already. I think Blawar use it in his TinAwoo?

Yes. I think it's in Tinfoil. You can create a path to the USB and install directly from it.

It's like a fken cult! Love your reply!

The cult is the Atmosphere guys. They are so bent on assimilating everyone. "Be like me! Be like me!" SXOS people don't invade Atmosphere threads and shit on atmosphere users. There is a cult of Software Justice Wanker jerks who think they are saving people with blatant lies and lazy truths in order to "convert" people to Atmosphere. That's very Christian of them.. Maybe they need to start SXOS camps LOL.

Or just install the XCI with Tinfoil + NUT

A 512GB SD costs the same as a 5TB HDD. Plus the HDD is plug and play. No need to reset the Switch. My 7yo Nephew does it all the time. Installation takes more space and time. And you can run the HDD stored XCI from the main menu exactly like the NSP. Sounds like a non SX user giving more "advice"..

Actually, the act of running a CFW is mostly legal. . On the other hand, 99.99999999999999999% of you run pirated software. So yeah.... Hypocrites.

HDD LOADING IS AWESOME!

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
SX OS is not cracked, the license part is cracked, and yes you can have both in dual boot

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
It's not about feeling better than someone, it's about not having a swat team knocking on your door :ph34r:
Pscht. Thank god I don't live im murica...

As for the whole atmo/sx thing:
Sure, use SX, but don't make threads about "where is the next update ?? plox!11".

If you want a reliable, halfway legal alternative that works with your setup:
Use. Atmo.

If you want to be stubborn:
Please be.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I am still on sx os and I noticed that the new games arent patched for lower cfw to run on sx os ..... what should I do?

is it easy to go from sx os to atmo? like swapping folders or what?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like new games developed using SDK 12 will not run on SX OS, even when you patch out the firmware requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol