• Total voters

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update on 1.2; card2 games should all work.

Not working
----
Yoku's Island Express - software error on start - card2 (did not show up prior to the 1.2 fix on SX OS)

Working
----
Wonderboy The Dragon's Trap
Snipperclips Plus
Rocket League
Ultra Street Fighter 2 - The Final Challengers
Little Nightmares Complete edition
Sonic Forces - Bonus edition

Still have to do
---
LA Noire - probably will not work as many have reported it not to.
WWE2K18 - even though it sucks balls ... i know

AND later on the trimm sessions of all of the games I did.

HakimEG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
  • Firmware You're Running
Newest
  • SD Card Specs (Brand, model, size, format)
SanDisk Ultra Micro/SDXC A1/U1 100MB/s - 200GB exFAT
  • Backup Name and Origin (i.e. Your own? BBB Release? header included or header free?)
BBB release of Skyrim, header free
  • Details of the error - how it happened. when it happened first. can you reproduce it?
Sudden freeze of the game while playing docked - When removed it from the dock to shut the switch down, the screen went black, and the fan kept running - i couldnt kill it no matter what.
  • Details of Solution - If you already found it, or went somewhere else online to find the solution, add it anyways so that every may know.
Opened up the switch and disconnected the battery manually.

Last edited by HakimEG,

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS 1.2
Samsung Evo Plus 256GB, exFAT

Issue:
hbmenu loads fine and homebrew works.. in handheld mode.
However, while docked switch crashes upon launching hbmenu and I get a black screen with a request to turn console off and back on.

I am wondering if "._" files are causing this error, but again it only crashes while docked.

urdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on 1.2; card2 games should all work.

Not working
----
Yoku's Island Express - software error on start - card2 (did not show up prior to the 1.2 fix on SX OS)

Working
----
Wonderboy The Dragon's Trap
Snipperclips Plus
Rocket League
Ultra Street Fighter 2 - The Final Challengers
Little Nightmares Complete edition
Sonic Forces - Bonus edition

Still have to do
---
LA Noire - probably will not work as many have reported it not to.
WWE2K18 - even though it sucks balls ... i know

AND later on the trimm sessions of all of the games I did.

havent checked LA Noire, but all else works for me! SX OS 1.2

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
  • Firmware You're Running
Newest
  • SD Card Specs (Brand, model, size, format)
SanDisk Ultra Micro/SDXC A1/U1 100MB/s - 200GB exFAT
  • Backup Name and Origin (i.e. Your own? BBB Release? header included or header free?)
BBB release of Skyrim, header free
  • Details of the error - how it happened. when it happened first. can you reproduce it?
Sudden freeze of the game while playing docked - When removed it from the dock to shut the switch down, the screen went black, and the fan kept running - i couldnt kill it no matter what.
  • Details of Solution - If you already found it, or went somewhere else online to find the solution, add it anyways so that every may know.
Opened up the switch and disconnected the battery manually.

Holding the power button for 15 seconds would suffice. No need to open up the console to fix it.

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, if any mod is reading this, Can I suggest the thread get sticky'ed? I'm seeing too many posts about error, that have already been explained here, and I think this would help o clean up the board a little. Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, if any mod is reading this, Can I suggest the thread get sticky'ed? I'm seeing too many posts about error, that have already been explained here, and I think this would help o clean up the board a little. Thanks.
I added a poll to mine then reported the first post with Sticky. Not sure if that is the official process but it worked for me.

Reactions: OhhSheetz

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I added a poll to mine then reported the first post with Sticky. Not sure if that is the official process but it worked for me.
Thanks for the info. You mean you reported your own post, and asked for it to be turned to a sticky post? Also, I linked to your thread about bans since it is really well done and organized (basically what we need right now lol)

Reactions: Draxzelex

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tested LA Noire; which failed; it seems to load but then just black screens.
Tested WWE2K18, works ... but well really dont care for it as the game sucks... just wanted a self dumped XCI of it.

Almost done processing all 43 titles with XCI-Cutter.
Will get back on the savings they enfold and how they perform on SX OS later on.

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tested WWE2K18, works ... but well really dont care for it as the game sucks... just wanted a self dumped XCI of it.

Will get back on the savings they enfold and how they perform on SX OS later on.
Thanks for your help @PatrickD85. Since you're testing self dumps, we can take out having only one faulty dump as the culprit. I'll be compiling your info in the days to come.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. You mean you reported your own post, and asked for it to be turned to a sticky post? Also, I linked to your thread about bans since it is really well done and organized (basically what we need right now lol)
Pretty much. Reporting is a feature that basically draws attention to any and all mods on the site. I don't know how the decision process is handled for who responds to what, but outside of tagging mods (or writing mods in a post), thats the only way I can think of. And thanks for the support!

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country

How DARE you bad mouth the best game of all time!!!! Lol

Reactions: PatrickD85

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty much. Reporting is a feature that basically draws attention to any and all mods on the site. I don't know how the decision process is handled for who responds to what, but outside of tagging mods (or writing mods in a post), thats the only way I can think of. And thanks for the support!
Gotcha, let's see if it works, thanks!.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
How DARE you bad mouth the best game of all time!!!! Lol
I soooo wanted to like this game on the Nintendo Switch. I really did. But how this ever made it to the shelves is a mystery.

Anyway findings on Trimming;
43 titles in original xci form = 274 GB (295.016.427.520 bytes)
43 titles after xci-cutter = 227 GB (244.043.936.256 bytes)
That is very nice to see.

Will be in the process of testing these a bit, but I hope results do not change.
Will get back to you all soon(tm).

PS: Sticky this thread already mods, it has lot's of information people are looking for.
PS2: Ah it already happened NVM then :P

Last edited by PatrickD85,

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I soooo wanted to like this game on the Nintendo Switch. I really did. But how this ever made it to the shelves is a mystery.

Anyway findings on Trimming;
43 titles in original xci form = 274 GB (295.016.427.520 bytes)
43 titles after xci-cutter = 227 GB (244.043.936.256 bytes)
That is very nice to see.

Will be in the process of testing these a bit, but I hope results do not change.
Will get back to you all soon(tm).

PS: Sticky this thread already mods, it has lot's of information people are looking for.
PS2: Ah it already happened NVM then :P
Hahaha I didn't even realize until I saw your reply. Thanks for your support. I will try to keep this as organized as possible, hopefully we'll stop seeing repeat questions. Especially about SD cards, which seems to be due to fake cards which sadly get sold as real, even on amazon.

When I get home I will be doing some testing in relation to issues when on docked mode (more mario kart testing, homebrew, skyrim).

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Indeed fake sd cards are a pain.

Also compatibilty in general for SX OS seems good.
Only 3 titles with issues on my end;
LA Noire - loads to black screen?
Yoku's Island Express - Software error
Fifa 18 - Game card could not be read error.

Will get back on this with trimmed results probably tomorrow.

Tomkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PatrickD85 I had the same error testing Fifa 18. Figured it out eventually. Tried different sd cards formated to both fat32 or exFat with no luck, constant '' game card could not be read'' error. Tried trimmed untrimmed and splitted without success. I bought brand new sd card: sandisk ultra 128gb class 10 u1 Formatted it to exFat copied untrimmed fifa 18 bbb release and it worked. So far all games I have tested on this card seem to work just fine, apart of the obvious previously reported not working dumps.

Btw Hello everyone, my first post.

Reactions: PatrickD85

Adeljck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
When my console battery power falls below 40 percent, my console will forcibly restart into rcm mode. At this time, if i do not play with charging,it will still restart when you play a while , anyone tell me how to solve it ,my console is newly bought

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
PatrickD85 I had the same error testing Fifa 18. Figured it out eventually. Tried different sd cards formated to both fat32 or exFat with no luck, constant '' game card could not be read'' error. Tried trimmed untrimmed and splitted without success. I bought brand new sd card: sandisk ultra 128gb class 10 u1 Formatted it to exFat copied untrimmed fifa 18 bbb release and it worked. So far all games I have tested on this card seem to work just fine, apart of the obvious previously reported not working dumps.

Btw Hello everyone, my first post.
Thanks for the headsup. Will test it later on with an untrimmed version of my personal dump.
Scene releases are not for me. No offence but for me the piracy is not the reason to go this route. (or atleast in a way)

On a sidenote; my SX Pro arrived roughly half an hour ago and I already love it; it takes away the need for me to have to have to use cables and so on.

Have tested my first trimmed games DKC TF and Arms just fine will test all others tomorrow ... or well I might try FIFA18 real quick to see if it helps in any way.
Will get back to you all on that soon!

Tomkins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When my console battery power falls below 40 percent, my console will forcibly restart into rcm mode. At this time, if i do not play with charging,it will still restart when you play a while , anyone tell me how to solve it ,my console is newly bought
Disconnect your battery, hold power button for 15 secs and then plug your battery back in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-