Discussion SX OS - Error and Solutions Thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by OhhSheetz, Jun 19, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

158 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Will verify soon

10 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. nantalos

nantalos Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2018
    Germany
    I personally never bothered with that so my information could be outdated. But afaik if you want to play legit games online you have to boot normally which will always burn the fuses to match the firmware.
    So either you play online or you keep your fuses. At least with sxos.

Atmosphere recently released an update that lets you make an emunand too. I heard of some people making two emunands with it. One for hacking and one of playing online with the latest firmware, all while keeping their sysnand with low firmware + no burned fuses. rn I heard it's still unstable, so you should wait for the fix (which usually comes pretty quick)! Also since it is so new I also would personally wait a bit to see if using it online leads to a ban.

2. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    How you did that? Where i can get compatible eMMC?

3. cagerhager

cagerhager Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    United States
    I updated SXOS to 2.8 beta that has support for 8.1.0 supposedly, Updated firmware to 8.1.0 and it boots to switch splash, then crashes, any suggestions?

4. eatmycoconut

eatmycoconut Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    New Zealand
    Hello, first timer here, so I have encountered a problem where the update data is not integrating with my xci
    in particular the xci i am using is azure striker gunvolt striker pack, so I installed the update via the sx installer and I mount the xci,
    in the switch menu it now shows the game with the game card icon and a duplicate with the cloud icon.
    Could anybody figure out how to fix this?

I am currently using sx os v2.8 beta
    where my emunand is on firmware 8.1.0

edit: Solved! If anyone encounters this problem, it means the xci and update/dlc regions are not the same.

Last edited by eatmycoconut, Jun 25, 2019
  5. gene0915

gene0915 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    I switched to SX OS 2.8 Beta and updated my firmware to v8.1.0. Everything was working great...... other than having to reinstall practically all my NSP's (due to some SX OS bug?!) but oh wells. So then, I copied a single, new NSP file to my exFAT SD card and booted SX OS and when I went into the album, my Switched crashed. I forget the error code but after a few attempts and not being able to launch the album (so I can install my new NSP), I went into HBG and while it was scanning the SD card, I got an error about 'Invalid NCA magic'. I removed the newly copied over NSP and then, I was able to get into the album to run homebrew again via SX OS.

I grabbed the NSP from that dark site..... wondering if the dump was bad or is there some weird bug with SX OS 2.8 in conjunction with fw 8.1.0 that is giving that 'invalid NCA magic' error? When I get home, I'm going to grab another random NSP file and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Speaking of problems.... has T-X ever figured out why people like me needed to reinstall pretty much all of our NSPs after updating? I've always installed all of my NSPs with SX OS.

6. jjjexorcist

jjjexorcist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    Thailand
    I got error when loaded save or started new game of skyrim with mod with sxos v2.8 beta FW8.1.0.

7. dcfcblues

dcfcblues Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    United States
    Today I tried to boot into the boot menu (power - vol +) and it just loads straight into the nintendo firmware. It was working fine last time i used it (probably a couple weeks back).
    I've tried with dongle (autorcm was on) and dongle + jig and neither works. It always just loads straight into ofw. I've tried a fresh boot.dat and no luck as well. I'm on 8.1.0 (on a non patched switch). Not sure if it makes any difference, but I did have emunand set up (though I appear to be booting into regular nand). Also worth noting that my microsd card is using exFAT. Any ideas what's going on?

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You hold Vol +?

9. dcfcblues

dcfcblues Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    United States
    Yep holding power + volume up.

10. dcfcblues

dcfcblues Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    United States
    Seems as though it was related to the card being exFAT and not FAT32. I tried a second SD card, formatted it to fat32 and it worked. Reformatted it to exFAT and it stopped working. Formatted it to fat32 once again and it worked again.

11. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Maybe you have updated your console with ChoiDujourNX but didn't choose the exFAT option during the installation?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted