Homebrew Discussion SX OS Crack Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are these teams scrambling to discredit and crack SX OS to add it's features to their "free" software? Why not use their own code? :unsure:

Some of the features in SX OS are using their own code.

TX don't have a monopoly on stealing code :D

Saying you shouldn't steal from TX is like when Bullies cry when someone fights back.

Reactions: Wistfuldaffodil

rvnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now, after a twitter discussion I'm actually curious.

Would it be possible to completely "un-TX" both the dongle and the boot.dat? Considering the bricking problem, it'd be quite a relief to see the whole thing isn't completely useless.

Since the dongle has a USB connector, and the whole thing is designed to be "updateable" I bet it would be possible to flash a custom payload on the dongle and get a boot.dat that just boots hekate or something.

Reactions: Wistfuldaffodil

whoIsAndrej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Now, after a twitter discussion I'm actually curious.

Would it be possible to completely "un-TX" both the dongle and the boot.dat? Considering the bricking problem, it'd be quite a relief to see the whole thing isn't completely useless.

Since the dongle has a USB connector, and the whole thing is designed to be "updateable" I bet it would be possible to flash a custom payload on the dongle and get a boot.dat that just boots hekate or something.

I don't have a dongle, so can't say that for sure. But TX advertised, that the dongle is able to push any custom payload you want. So that theoretically should work, if they hold to their word.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They like to pirate? Funny because the dev of Hectate stated he HATES piracy .hypocracy at its finest.

Two important points to consider:

It's not just one person involved in all of this, you can't judge one dev for what others say.

They hate TX more than they hate piracy.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: naddel81

rvnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't have a dongle, so can't say that for sure. But TX advertised, that the dongle is able to push any custom payload you want. So that theoretically should work, if they hold to their word.

As a dongle owner I can say that's true, but it still requires SX's boot.dat, which contains the brick code. When you boot with the dongle inserted it gives you the options to boot SXOS, OFW, and "options" where the "execute custom payload" option is hidden and can load .bin files on the SD. But the payload on the dongle can't be touched as of yet.

Then buy it, so you are less likely to have to worry about the brick code.

Unfortunately not. It's poorly implemented and can be triggered accidentally.

Last edited by rvnx,

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a dongle owner I can say that's true, but it still requires SX's boot.dat, which contains the brick code. When you boot with the dongle inserted it gives you the options to boot SXOS, OFW, and "options" where the "execute custom payload" option is hidden and can load .bin files on the SD. But the payload on the dongle can't be touched as of yet.

Unfortunately not. It's poorly implemented and can be triggered accidentally.

You can actually choose what payload to load by pressing + prior to booting this is well known

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that it stole code and has brick code are reason enough not to buy this.

It makes no difference to some people on here

how can you be a pirate with a conscence and be against other pirates for using or buying a program that uses some code from another program, but you don't have a problem with using rom images for the Switch that you've downloaded or roms for homebrew emulators?. it's still piracy.

stolen code, i think most people don't care about that they just want to play rom images.

as for brick code, well I've had 2 gateway cards for over 3 years and the 4 * 3ds XL's that they been in still work after 1000's of hours of use, none are bricked.

if you dont like TX don't buy the product simple as that. time to move on..

Last edited by JoeBloggs777,
Reactions: DarthDub

numbawun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
why do people want this to be crack if they dont want piracy?.

sx os was free to use for homebrew. it will only need license when you need the backup loader (piracy thing).

about the brick code. then dont use this. there are other options out there for homebrew no need for crack SX OS..

Last edited by numbawun,

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
why do people want this to be crack if they dont want piracy?.

sx os was free to use for homebrew. it will only need license when you need the backup loader (piracy thing).
Not everyone has the same motivation but i can see 3 different motivations
A) They like piracy but do not want to spend money on it
B) They do not like piracy, as such want this to be cracked to cut some sales from the company, this group would not use this cracked.
C) This is the group of the devs that are cracking it and they seem to be cracking it for fun, for them is like playing a game, is a hobby.

Reactions: Draxzelex

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not everyone has the same motivation but i can see 3 different motivations
A) They like piracy but do not want to spend money on it
B) They do not like piracy, as such want this to be cracked to cut some sales from the company, this group would not use this cracked.
C) This is the group of the devs that are cracking it and they seem to be cracking it for fun, for them is like playing a game, is a hobby.

whoever cracks it, if they do, do you really think they will release it, I doubt it

some of these people or groups state they are against piracy, so why would they crack SX enabling everyone to play rom images and not just those who bought SX?. They would be opening the floodgates..

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
whoever cracks it, if they do, do you really think they will release it, I doubt it

some of these people or groups state they are against piracy, so why would they crack SX enabling everyone to play rom images and not just those who bought SX?. They would be opening the floodgates..
I don't know, maybe... You can't see them as groups that much in the case of the devs, they are individual people that can think and act on their own.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know, maybe... You can't see them as groups that much in the case of the devs, they are individual people that can think and act on their own.

I doubt Pragma would ever release a crack if he did crack it or anyone else who was linked with him, you don't know what the consequences would be if it was traced back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.