Hacking SX OS 2.3B - Harddisk doesnt shutdown in Standby mode.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

im sorry i couldnt find something similar. I just got today an new Seagate 2.5" HDD (external for sure) and connected it to my switch.
Everything runs very well (okay, a bit slower, but thats okay).

But now when i stop playing and put my Switch in Standby... the harddisk stays online.

1) Switch Standby - Console goes off
2) Harddisk goes also off
3) Harddisk starts to get power again
4) 2 + 3 repeats

Is there no other way as to unplug the Harddisk always?

Would be really nice if somebody would have an idea, currently im still on 5.1 with exFAT support.

Thanks in advance,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

im sorry i couldnt find something similar. I just got today an new Seagate 2.5" HDD (external for sure) and connected it to my switch.
Everything runs very well (okay, a bit slower, but thats okay).

But now when i stop playing and put my Switch in Standby... the harddisk stays online.

1) Switch Standby - Console goes off
2) Harddisk goes also off
3) Harddisk starts to get power again
4) 2 + 3 repeats

Is there no other way as to unplug the Harddisk always?

Would be really nice if somebody would have an idea, currently im still on 5.1 with exFAT support.

Thanks in advance,
Hdd turned itself off > unplug the cable > profit?

It doesn't matter at all when you just hot unplug the hdd out of the system.I did it for years, my one still works just fine.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hdd turned itself off > unplug the cable > profit?

It doesn't matter at all when you just hot unplug the hdd out of the system.I did it for years, my one still works just fine.
I've been leaving it plugged in but i just touched it now and it seems like it keeps spinning when switch is in sleep mode. It was also warm to the touch so I unplugged it now.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thanks for your answers..

@thaikhoa , yes this i what i did, but to be honest to simply keep it plugged in would be easier for me :)

@comput3rus3r , the Light goes off and you hear the HDD shuts down, but 5sek later it starts again and stops again and starts again for sure =) and i have the feeling this is not very healthy for the HDD :)

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@jakkal , yeap, this is was i thought aswell, but i tried to find out if there would be perhaps an homebrew, option or what ever which would simply remove the power from the USB connectors in standby. :)

Reactions: matias3ds

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an issue with the dock itself. Try plugging the hdd into the dock without a switch attached.
I think it doesn't turn on if you do that. But after you put the switch in it will stay on regardless. I haven't tested this myself. just speculation.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it doesn't turn on if you do that. But after you put the switch in it will stay on regardless. I haven't tested this myself. just speculation.

It turns the hdd on if you connect it to the dock without a switch attached. I just tested it. Seems to stay powered, whereas with the switch attached it cycles on and off in sleep mode

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let me correct that. If you connect a hdd to the dock while the switch is sleeping or not connected it will power up the hdd and stay powered. If you connect a sleeping switch to the dock with a powered hdd it will cycle the hdd power on and off

D

Deleted User

My hard drive spins up then sleeps then spins up again then sleeps, probably not good for the drive, so I just unplug it

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is actually a bug(?) on the current gen docks. I've noticed this when I leave my speakers and 8bitdo adapter plugged in the dock. Even when the switch is on sleep mode, heck, even when there is no switch attached, the dock still supplies power to the USB port but not continuously (as what you're experiencing right now).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over