Hacking Question SX Core/Lite Removal

jay1385

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How would one go about removing the SX Core/Lite. Do we simply desolder it and remove it or is there some things we should do (perhaps stock firmware flashing etc.) to revert the console back to stock.

Also, on another note, what are the chances of obtaining a ban from using an SX Core/Lite. If I were to use the console in flight mode during the use of the modchip will I be able to remove it and continue using it as a normal console? I get it's early days and no one can truly know, but what are all of your opinions on the matter, GBATEMP?

P.s: Great to finally join this community, been a long term reader but I'm now a first time poster and I hope to get involved more in the community!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Desoldering only remove the chip from the unit, that doesn't make your NAND clean, generally you need to restore a clean NAND to go online, I believe there is no support for SX Core/Lite for Hekate and Atmosphere at the moment, so it does lack support from the homebrew community.

Reactions: Redasx

jay1385

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Desoldering only remove the chip from the unit, that doesn't make your NAND clean, generally you need to restore a clean NAND to go online, I believe there is no support for SX Core/Lite for Hekate and Atmosphere at the moment, so it does lack support from the homebrew community.

Thanks for the info! Makes sense, will be interesting to see if we're able to clean the NAND using SX core family of modchips in the future.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info! Makes sense, will be interesting to see if we're able to clean the NAND using SX core family of modchips in the future.
the debug port is meant to be able to do this though would have to do it to confirm it

Steeltiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, continuing with the doubts in this thread.
If I backup the nand with SXOS as soon as I install the chip, can I later restore the nand and remove SXCORE?
Considering that there has been no nintendo switch update

Last edited by Steeltiger,

DragarX

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, continuing with the doubts in this thread.
If I backup the nand with SXOS as soon as I install the chip, can I later restore the nand and remove SXCORE?
Considering that there has been no nintendo switch update
Yes you certainly can, I'm not sure why you'd want to remove the chip though, as long as you plan to use cfw in the future, you shouldn't ever need to remove it.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was as simple as booting into genuine boot, powering the system completely off and then desoldering the chip.

I thought genuine boot patches boot0/boot1 back to their original state. Much like it does when you make a nand backup (since boot0/boot1 are already changed by the time you get to the point of running the nand backup).

Am I wrong in this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

DragarX

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought it was as simple as booting into genuine boot, powering the system completely off and then desoldering the chip.

I thought genuine boot patches boot0/boot1 back to their original state. Much like it does when you make a nand backup (since boot0/boot1 are already changed by the time you get to the point of running the nand backup).

Am I wrong in this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
As far as I'm aware this is true, but you shouldn't need to de-solder the flex, just disconnect it from the mmc thingy and replace your mmc.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I d do a nand restore in sxos menu then run the cleanup tool sx core menu and turn it off and do the desolid process

Steeltiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes you certainly can, I'm not sure why you'd want to remove the chip though, as long as you plan to use cfw in the future, you shouldn't ever need to remove it.
My intention is to install sxcore, activate the license and then disconnect it to see if sxos is still alive after future updates or if there are alternatives.

Is it feasible to put an on/off button to activate/deactivate the chip to play online without the chip and without the sd for convenience?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My intention is to install sxcore, activate the license and then disconnect it to see if sxos is still alive after future updates or if there are alternatives.

Is it feasible to put an on/off button to activate/deactivate the chip to play online without the chip and without the sd for convenience?

is this a v1 patched switch or makio one?

DragarX

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

No that wouldn't be feasible. the mmc needs to be removed from the chip and placed back in the motherboard in order to use your switch without the chip.
If you're goal is to be able to go back and forth between stock and cfw, then all you need is an emunand.

Also if it's v1 patched, you can boot into atmosphere use hekate and never need to worry about whether sxos will recieve any updates.

Last edited by DragarX,

Steeltiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello again, and thanks for the help.
I have a new question, after reading a lot.

I have read that if suddenly the chip breaks, and I place the sysnand where it has to be, my console will not work because the boot is modified. I'm right?

In that case, is it feasible to buy a sysnand and then copy the original sysnand using sxcore to have it as a reserve in case my chip breaks?

Reactions: chronoss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since