Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what?
that's evil stuff.
tx doesn't brick your device.
but you sound like you want someone to make a homebrew that makes sx os brick your switch for certain.
very weird.
Yes, because that's EXACTLY what I said in my post. Exactly how it sounded. Just like that. Glad you're able to interpret my secret codez @cearp. very weird.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes, because that's EXACTLY what I said in my post. Exactly how it sounded. Just like that. Glad you're able to interpret my secret codez @cearp.
i'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or just confirming my post.
if i made a mistake you're not really pointing it out so... ok

but it sounded like you want people to 'listen', so it makes me think you want that homebrew released.
but i'm not even sure homebrew would have anything to do with the payload ran at boot

Reactions: datahoarder

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If i were Nintendo i would try to trigger that self destruct code when a modified Console gets detected ;)
So, having such a Timebomb/bricking code in a "Product" could not be discussed, nor accepted.
Shame on TX

Reactions: benecol

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because every single user is on GBAtemp. /s and no one is saying it's happening en masse yet.
It's just being said that there is a probability (by design) that it could happen when there shouldn't be that extra chance.
What is it about this that people don't get? It's not piracy vs x. It's about a mine-trap waiting to be set off, accidental or otherwise.

Is it really going to take someone making a home-brew program that secretly activates the brick code in SXOS and bricks several consoles before people listen?

I don't understand this logic. It hasn't happened yet, so it's definitely going to happen? And not only that, but it's going to happen "by design"? As if TX had installed a killswitch they are going to press to purposefully brick all of their customers' Switches.

And if someone writes a homebrew app that triggers the brick, then the fault's on them. They could have as easily written the brick into their homebrew app itself, so... I really don't understand your scenario. I agree with cearp: it seems you're eager to have someone trigger that brick so people "learn their lesson" because they didn't listen to you. You know, a thinly-veiled threat.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX is active in the scene since 2001-2002
They had great products for xbox and xbox360 and they always made their customers happy with their great support
I see no reason to panic cause of hexkeyz tweets, a team with more than 15yrs of history and success, doesn't make a product to ruin them in one night

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't understand this logic. It hasn't happened yet, so it's definitely going to happen? And not only that, but it's going to happen "by design"? As if TX had installed a killswitch they are going to press to purposefully brick all of their customers' Switches.

It doesn't really matter how likely it is to trigger for the average user. That's not the point most people try to make.
The issue is that there is a malicious intent by TX to brick certain devices. It's the malicous intent that grinds our gears. The fact that code is never bug free and could trigger from normal use is just the icing on the cake.

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
As Hexkyz dives deeper into a codebase stolen from other devs (including himself), we come to find out that the brickcode isn't just a NAND lock. It turns out the brick situation is far worse and far more nefarious as well as able to be triggered without even a need to tamper with the system:

https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1012363017957380096

SX OS is malware.
Pure ridiculous . Can it be triggered by accident? Maybe - Will happen by accident? No! If you tamper with it, ya it will probably trigger.

Teams attacking teams - stolen this - stolen that .blah blah blah . I'm sick of them both . But the thing is. I personally have been using Xecuter work since I was little .I trust them alot more than a new dev that claims to hate "piracy " and then tries to crack someone else's work.

Also, the whole "Xecuter stole my code" thing is old fake news. Xecuter came public 2 months prior to Hextervibrator even said anything.

Just pick a side, and eat crayons because who doesn't want to poop colours.

Reactions: DReaMoR

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And if someone writes a homebrew app that triggers the brick, then the fault's on them. They could have as easily written the brick into their homebrew app itself, so... I really don't understand your scenario. I agree with cearp: it seems you're eager to have someone trigger that brick so people "learn their lesson" because they didn't listen to you. You know, a thinly-veiled threat.

Where did I say it's definitely going to happen? I said there was a brick code implemented (by design) if you would read it correctly.
That someone may use a home-brew app that calls some code that incorrectly registers with SXOS which makes the Switch run the brick code and obviously, we know what happens.
Is that my big fat threat you misinterpreted?
and @s-sarash, no one gives two cahoots about how legit a company has been up until the day they make a huge mistake.
and that mistake for many is including code that can brick a device, accidental or otherwise. Yet so many of you are shouting that tinkerer's deserve it, when that's not even the point.

Last edited by datahoarder,

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
Where did I say it's definitely going to happen? I said there was a brick code implemented (by design) if you would read it correctly.
That someone may use a home-brew app that calls some code that incorrectly registers with SXOS which makes the Switch run the brick code and obviously, we know what happens.
Is that my big fat threat you misinterpreted?
and @s-sarash, no one gives two cahoots about how legit a company has been up until the day they make a huge mistake.
and that mistake for many is including code that can brick a device, accidental or otherwise. Yet so many of you are shouting that tinkerer's deserve it, when that's not even the point.

Good point on that, but it's not nice to say that someone can't read properly .Maybe they can't? Who knows. But THAT is something that we should let Xecuter know about the brick code. So they can stop apps from triggering it. I'm going to email them myself.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But THAT is something that we should let Xecuter know about the brick code. So they can stop apps from triggering remove it. I'm going to email them myself.

Fixed that for you.
There is no need to have bricking code. EVER.

Either you can detect tinkering with a 100% certainty -> Simply refuse to work.
Or you can't -> Don't brick devices you *think* have been tinkered with.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No one has been accidentally bricked yet, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. We don't know the exact circumstances that will lead to a brick, but someone somewhere someday may find themselves in that circumstance and upon booting sx without tinkering, will find themselves with a piece of trash that was once their switch. (And it could be you)

Last edited by YamiZee,
Reactions: aut0mat3d

AcktCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
all that talk about removing the brick code is to mask the real intention which is for SX OS to be cracked easily without it.
you are not fooling anyone, especially TX. stop being cheap and pay up for a licence!

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Jesus, all this fanboyism from both sides is exhausting. The scene devs should have documented all their findings before throwing out all their claims and even then, at the end of the day, I’m an adult and I’m the one to be responsible on what runs on my switch. If it bricks it’s my fault for trusting TX, same as it would be my fault if I bricked my console by running some homebrew made for any of those scene devs. To be honest, TX is being the grownup in all this, they don’t give 2 cents about what people say about them, they just keep doing their thing and for now they have a huge lead compared to the scene (maybe because they are not loosing time with crap)

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
News Flash!

Doing anything with console hacks you shouldn't be doing will brick your console!

Delete a wrong title on WiiU running CBHC..brick!
Sleep your 3DS at the wrong time with A9LH..brick!
Start messing about with shit you don't understand on anything..brick!
Touch a system title..brick!

This post equates to saying: Mess about with consoles in ways you shouldn't could cause a brick!

No fucking shit!

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
And what should i dont do to brick my switch with SX OS?
Because this thread looks a little bit bullshit for me..

Don't sweat it. This is all nothing more than butthurt fear-mongering from a very small handful of jealous, insignificant fools. Enjoy your SX and let them continue to stew over 2nd place.

Last edited by Randall Stevens,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok