Question SX Black Screen 2.6.1

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by midstor, Mar 20, 2019.

1. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    This system was updated to 7.0.1 via ChoiNX, after the update to 7.0.1 and SX 2.6.1 the console was unable to boot to emunand. I'm unsure if this is a SX problem, broken firmware or what? It gets to the "Nintendo" logo and then just... blacks out. If any of you guys can help, it would be appreciated deeply.

Thanks.

2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Could you try booting it a couple of times? It's taking me up to 5 trys to boot up my emunand since the 2.6 update.

3. stewacide

stewacide GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2018
    Canada
    Hmm, all working normally for me.

4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    What emunand method are you using? I'm using Emunand on SD and SD partition, both work like a charm.

5. theguyver

theguyver Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    is your memory card formatted fat32 or exfat. Mine works fine on fat32. There is some chatter about exfat having issues.

6. Joker Of Games

Joker Of Games Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I am getting this black screen, and since I have so many backups and saves I won't lie I am hesitant on starting all over again. :( (This post was to help me, but I am a bit sad at the moment still.) To edit: It does boot my sysnand not my emunand though, and on my 6.2.0 on my other sd that
    works.

Last edited by Joker Of Games, Mar 20, 2019
  7. GeraltOfRivia

GeraltOfRivia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    Italy
    Have you tried to wait a little longer? My emunand on SD CARD is really slow at loading up,after the Nintendo logo it takes about 1/1,5 minutes to load everything. If you have many games and a big sd storage it could take much longer.

8. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    Russia
    It depends on SD card speed class. Mine is U3, and boot times of Emunand is compared to normal boot.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

To OP - state your card's filesystem please. How did you upgraded emunand exactly? I remember having an issues when launching Choi through album instead of loading it from HBmenu.

9. doofdilla

doofdilla Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    United States
    just a wild guess, maybe it's releated to autorcm? because when you use choi it is set to autorcm, which you need to TURN OFF when updating your emunand?

10. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    from the tx support forum..

if you have license.dat in sd before creating emunand, you gonna get the black screen, so this is how i fix it:

1. Uptate sysnand to 7.01
    2. Format sd card and put only boot.dat on it
    3. Create emunand
    4. Reset switch (i noticed when i created emunand without license.dat, i was unable to turn on emunand)
    5. Put license.dat on sd
    6. Boot succesfully on emunand

11. demoniac

demoniac Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2009
    Gambia, The
    After updating to the newest 2.6.1 Beta I cannot boot my 6.2 Emunand any longer. Booting takes much longer then before and after the switch Logo the scrren turns black, If I use the powerButton then the switch menu apears but nothing works from there on. So it seems that there is a bug maybe in the newest version.

12. demoniac

demoniac Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Went back now to 2.5.3 and its working again normally. So 2.6.1. seems buggy....

13. itsmefloflo

itsmefloflo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2018
    France
    Hi everyone ! I need your advice because i meet problems with sx os and my switch /
    i don't have emu nand just ofw and cfw. Everything was perfect when i decided to clean my sd card, i deleted everything but i kept boot and licence files of course and other stuffs. I have sx os 2.6.1 which is compatible with 7.0.1 firmware but when i restarted my switch i got black screen and i didn't see bootloader (ofw and cfw); I decided to install retroreloaded pack on my switch it's worked : i was on cfw sx os and i was happy. But then, the game asked me to update the switch i did because i knew the switch was on stealth sx os mod and I set dns up in the internet settings. And when switch restarted, no more jaillbreak just and only OFW. I don't understand : i have boot.dat (SX version 2.6.1) and licence.dat on sd card. I don't have even the sx screen before bootloader. IWhat did i miss ? Thanks in advance for your help

Last edited by itsmefloflo, Mar 31, 2019
  14. demoniac

demoniac Member

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2009
    Gambia, The
    My Switch Emunand now works again. My Problem was that something with the update went wrong (was made with the switch in the xs os menu). Downloaded the new version agian and now the emunand works again.