1. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Don't play bit-wars, the Dreamcast was the earliest entry in that generation and was clearly behind all its competitors technically once they came to market. Enhanced versions of Dreamcast games showed up on other consoles for precisely this reason. Nintendo likely could cook up something more efficient than Dolphin but that's still a harder task than what reicast and redream are doing.

2. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    No, don't worry, I'm not the type who's been looking for problems or making war
    I just wanted to say that the gamecube works at 24/30 fps on an android that is read on a sdcard, that works on a switch, if you remove the software overlays, you can only do better, 5 fps more and it's full speed a zelda, and mario sunchine, and that's a fact.

3. CrazyRach82

CrazyRach82 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

what app are you using for n64 emulation android? thanks

4. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Should be Mupen64+ FZ

CrazyRach82 likes this.
  5. KHEOPS

France
    Retroarch core 64bits ( mupen64plus-next gles3)
    :toot:

CrazyRach82 likes this.
  6. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

How are people connecting ntheir joycons on Android? Just through Bluetooth?

Also what are the most recommended apps?

Moonlight is amazing. I'm streaming games right away with absolutely no effort needed to setup.

7. KHEOPS

France
    Yes Bluetooth connection But analogs are not analog similar to dpad
    (Joycon) They work attached or separate, and for games where analog is essential, I use the fantastic 8bit controller do sfc30 pro.
    Vibration hd etc......
    The new version of android pie has solved the problem.
    For applications it depends, I use nvidia streaming, because I have an rtx2070 card, not tried moonlight, I use a tv app like molotov, or mobizen, there are lots of compatible applications on playstore, you choose according to your preferences.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Csmrcc likes this.
  8. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Regarding nvidia shield things and android aplications...geforce now with beta (it needs a key), streaming directly from nvidia servers your steam/other-libraries games, no pc needed. Holy glory.

9. KHEOPS

France
    Yes, I've been waiting five months for my key.
    And on geforce now forums, there have been some for 2 years??!!!!!!.
    So you have to be patient.

10. KHEOPS

France
    Super mario sunchine works well if you're not afraid to overclock.... :!::gun::switch:
    always the same thing nothing beats brute force, forced the cpu to high frequency.....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  11. Anonymousu

Anonymousu Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    How is it possible to overclock the Switch while running Switchroot Android?

12. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Look in settings and battery, there you can choose

13. komabear

komabear Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    I've also been using Moonlight and it's amazing, even on my awful internet setup it works great. Got a Xbox One S controller for it and it works perfectly too.

lordelan likes this.
  14. ReacH18

ReacH18 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    is that docked footage? i mean does gamecube emu work in docked on android?

KHEOPS likes this.
  15. Anonymousu

Anonymousu Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    With that, is it possible to overclock your Nintendo Switch to 768MHz GPU / 1683 CPU or higher? I don't really notice it. Are there no other ways?

16. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    That's for the CPU only I think, idk about the others, but as emulators use CPU and for geforcenow I don't need anything more... Its fine for me
    Edit: settings are for CPU and GPU I confirmed now

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  17. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

United States
    No other ways needed.

From the first posting of the main XDA thread. (I'm sure I've referenced it inhere before (maybe not this thread))

18. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Docking works fine in android. As long as you can get some acceptable controller setup. (Joycon analogs read as 8-way d-pads, pro controller analogs have reduced analog range. X-input works about the same as any android device.)

Csmrcc likes this.
  19. KHEOPS

France
    Hello
    Yes you can overclocked
    At 1785mhz profile performance, I use an android tasker application to be able to overclock at 2095mhz, which is a big boost ( +310mhz) in games, for the dreamcast the psp and the gamecube.
    I tested sonic adventure dreamcast, which is full speed in 60fps, and the intro worked perfectly with the flycast core on retroarch (which is windows CE compatible games...)

Yes android works very well docked, and I use an 8bit do sfc30pro pad, the vibrations work perfectly in games, and the analog also works perfectly, ( like any android compatible bluetooth joystick, only the joycon are not analog.

I use the governor on demand or interactive, it makes the cpu varied, in 16/32 bit emulation the cpu at about 1200 mhz is sufficient for emulation in fullspeed, and I use the shader crt geom, incredible quality once the parameters are set at my convenience.
    The cpu governor works but for some application that requires cpu power like the gamecube I use the performance profile to set the 4 cpu to 2095mhz for example, because otherwise the cpu does not go up to the max, android governor not perfect, for example mame4droid uses the interactive governor well, it uses the high frequency 2095mz if he needs it, it is rare... Dolphin him the cpu rises to 1400mhz and therefore the game is not fluid enough....
    That depends.

At 2095 mhz I managed to hold more than 5 hours played cpu and gpu Oc, I find it well compared to the 3 hours of zelda botw...

Csmrcc and TerpToke like this.
  20. Anonymousu

Anonymousu Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Good to know that it is possible. What is the name of the specific app (is it a kernel toolkit?), And do I have to root Switchroot first? Sorry, I really don't have much experience.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Another question is it possible to connect a Wii remote to Android via detours? That doesn't work in the normal way via Bluetooth.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SwitchRoot, Android,