Switchroot Android R version publicly released, allows you to boot Android 11 on all Switch models

fnuidfhisduf.png

The first public release of Switchroot's Android R/11 version is here. Available as a beta, the Switchroot team has published a guide on how to run Android 11 or R on all models of hacked Nintendo Switch systems. You'll need to delete your previous Switchroot installation if you want to run it, with the new version offering better WiFi consistency, more JoyCon support, and quality of life improvements. This is a beta release, so bugs are expected, though the Switchroot developers claim that this is fairly stable, as far as beta releases go.

:arrow: Source/Guide

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you change still into youre switch and play your games?
Yes, it installs to a partition you make on the SD with Hekate. To switch back to HOS/AMS just shutdown and then boot again. You'll be back to whatever your Switch normally boots too. Rebooting from inside Android just reboots back to Android. I'm using a Switch Lite with a picofly but it works perfectly fine with RCM as well.

AliceWalsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it installs to a partition you make on the SD with Hekate. To switch back to HOS/AMS just shutdown and then boot again. You'll be back to whatever your Switch normally boots too. Rebooting from inside Android just reboots back to Android. I'm using a Switch Lite with a picofly but it works perfectly fine with RCM as well.
really nice . Thank you.

Reactions: Pickle_Rick

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello bros, I can't access my game roms from the microSD, the emulators can't see the SD, those always show the path /storage/emulated/0 , but if I search from the root, It shows nothing:

/sdcard/--empty-- or /storage/--empty--

Just heard that Android 11 can't allow programs to search the SD because from the "scoped storage".

There's a solution to this? Thanks

Edit: I just heard that now all Android 11 devices now uses scoped storage (Can't allow programs/emulators search through microSD files)

Last edited by DarkVoidPeru,

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If you have an erista unit. I would recommend that you wait to upgrade to android 11 until it out out of beta. Performance is off on some erista units and waking the device up from sleep mode could also hinder the performance until you reboot.
So, Android 10 on Erista models (V1 Switch), have better performance than the Beta Android 11?

AliceWalsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard if iwant t install this i need to wipe my sd card.
And turn it t 32gb card? Is this true? How can i still use it as my old switch?
Post automatically merged:

We've had android on switch for years already..
Do you use it?

jkuabara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, after installing Android 11 on my switch lite the analog sticks won't read directions only in Android. Pressing the sticks in works and they work perfectly in the normal switch os.
It's definitely not a hardware issue with my switch lite sticks. Any ideas how I can get it to work on android?
I also did do a backup of the controllers in hekate prior to installing Android

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto