Switchroot Android R version publicly released, allows you to boot Android 11 on all Switch models

fnuidfhisduf.png

The first public release of Switchroot's Android R/11 version is here. Available as a beta, the Switchroot team has published a guide on how to run Android 11 or R on all models of hacked Nintendo Switch systems. You'll need to delete your previous Switchroot installation if you want to run it, with the new version offering better WiFi consistency, more JoyCon support, and quality of life improvements. This is a beta release, so bugs are expected, though the Switchroot developers claim that this is fairly stable, as far as beta releases go.

:arrow: Source/Guide

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oooh, I've been waiting for this. I wonder if I should install Android on my OLED for NDS stuff.

Has 11 improved the performance of Drastic? It was pretty terrible compared to 9/10 (whatever the initial version was).

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oooh, I've been waiting for this. I wonder if I should install Android on my OLED for NDS stuff.

Has 11 improved the performance of Drastic? It was pretty terrible compared to 9/10 (whatever the initial version was).
In Drastic i have full speed. Tested only Pkmn games for now. Not on this build But other one.
Post automatically merged:

Can it run minecraft? lol
Yes you can. I tested some other Android games. And all of them works without problem

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to run Plex on it. I'm honestly surprised that there isn't a homebrew Plex app for the switch. it's one of the only devices I own that can hook up to a tv yet can't function as a plex client. Missed opportunity.
Looks like there are some open source methods for accessing your plex library. Maybe someone can port it

https://github.com/RasPlex/OpenPHT

Reactions: lordelan and 6adget

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome now with Yuzu for Android I can finally play Switch games on my Switch
There are occasionally benefits for emulating a system on itself if it can be made transparent enough to not be too slowed down (or overclocked to simulate stock clock) as pertains to cheats, savestates and mods.

Reactions: 6adget

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Great news, I was going to look for a tablet for emulation and maybe PS5 remote play, how's joycon support with this?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if only Yuzu is dependable enough to run as close as it could to a genuine switch, I'd switch to a Tab S9 Ultra instead and cut the hassle altogether.
Gave me a chuckle when I first misunderstood. Thought for a second you were meaning Yuzu for Android on Switch. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over