• Replies 104
  • Likes 16

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm stuck at step 13. I'm holding vol up before pressing Switchroot Android 10, then Hekate is shown for a second or two, then just a black screen. Holding volume up until my finger is hurting, but screen stays black.
If your at step 13 it should just boot to twrp as you don't have any android image installed
Did you restore date make sure you don't overwrite or delete the bootloader and switchroot folders try and just copy the sd download back to sd after you have partition the sd card
Or try and copy it now and continue from step 13

Last edited by Prb,

Arg0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What sd card do you currently have?
Some PNY. But I suspect it might be a faked card, it's only writing at about 10mb/s. Ordered a Sandisk Ultra 120mb/s from a reputable seller instead. Will update if it works with that one, which it probably should.

Reactions: Prb

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some PNY. But I suspect it might be a faked card, it's only writing at about 10mb/s. Ordered a Sandisk Ultra 120mb/s from a reputable seller instead. Will update if it works with that one, which it probably should.
SanDisk Ultra 256 GB is a good choice
Not to expensive and a good amount of space

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Dumping allows the joycons to stay paired to both Horizon and Android simultaneously - if you don't do the dumping, you will have to re-pair them every time you switch between operating systems.

but each time you restart android you have to repair via bluetooth (I don't know if it's me only though...)

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
that was the older version of switchroot
android 10 and bt dump as in guide they work on boot

Oh... I didn't know that.
Can I just flash the joy con data anew or do I need to start over?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is, this isn't working correctly for you.

I would like to know if there's a way to do this for other bluetooth controllers though.

Yeah me too especially for the Pro controller. It lags so much.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:yayswitch: It seems don't have too much people use the Switch Android ?
I am using it.:ha:
i have just finished vice city after doing liberty city stories on android on my switch , feels good . then i do vice city stories on psp on switch , then chinatown wars on android on switch then san andreas on android on switch followed by bully on android on switch , lots of android on switch xD iv put everything on 1 400GB sd card lol i need more space .............

Reactions: jasonhk and Prb

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have just finished vice city after doing liberty city stories on android on my switch , feels good . then i do vice city stories on psp on switch , then chinatown wars on android on switch then san andreas on android on switch followed by bully on android on switch , lots of android on switch xD iv put everything on 1 400GB sd card lol i need more space .............
I've just got star wars kotor hopefully it plays well

Reactions: jasonhk and 1NOOB

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I would like to share my RetroArch setup experience. :yayswitch:
I have research on the YouTube and Google about the Cloud backup for RetroArch.
(Shared roms and shared saves and cloud backup) :P

1) Shared roms
I have place the Retro roms on the /mnt/vendor/factory/roms. (Switch HOS root)
Then I can use the Switch RetroArch to play the rom (SD:/roms) on the Switch HOS.
And I can use the Android RetroArch to play the rom (/mnt/vendor/factory/roms) on the Android.

2) Shared saves
Both RetroArch have set the saves and savestates path to "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/retroarch/save/" and "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/retroarch/states/".
Then both RetroArch can shared the saves.
(The savestates is highly depended the same core and same retroarch version, it may not share to use with difference environment)

3) Cloud backup
I have install a "Folder Sync" app on the Android,
And set the "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/" folder to sync to my Google Drive,
(The main tricky part is the app interface cannot select the "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/",
but I found that it can edit the config XML file to do it. :ha:)
Then it can sync the save and savestate to the Google Drive for backup.
And I have setup the desktop RetroArch and Google Drive on my PC.
Then I can sync and play the save and savestate on my PC also.

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to share my RetroArch setup experience. :yayswitch:
I have research on the YouTube and Google about the Cloud backup for RetroArch.
(Shared roms and shared saves and cloud backup) :P

1) Shared roms
I have place the Retro roms on the /mnt/vendor/factory/roms. (Switch HOS root)
Then I can use the Switch RetroArch to play the rom (SD:/roms) on the Switch HOS.
And I can use the Android RetroArch to play the rom (/mnt/vendor/factory/roms) on the Android.

2) Shared saves
Both RetroArch have set the saves and savestates path to "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/retroarch/save/" and "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/retroarch/states/".
Then both RetroArch can shared the saves.
(The savestates is highly depended the same core and same retroarch version, it may not share to use with difference environment)

3) Cloud backup
I have install a "Folder Sync" app on the Android,
And set the "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/" folder to sync to my Google Drive,
(The main tricky part is the app interface cannot select the "/mnt/vendor/factory/sync/",
but I found that it can edit the config XML file to do it. :ha:)
Then it can sync the save and savestate to the Google Drive for backup.
And I have setup the desktop RetroArch and Google Drive on my PC.
Then I can sync and play the save and savestate on my PC also.
Nice
good work :)

Sameru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys I just installed it and it works flawlessly. I have a question about Game Pass app on it. Switch had some bad time trying to running the app but after few minutes I've managed to go through with it. I have one issue. The game is not showing up in full screen there's some space left on the bottom. Do you know if I can fix it somehow? Sorry if it's wrong post to ask such questions.

Attachments

• 3E97662B-7F59-4AE2-AED7-FFD941AB89D8.jpeg
    3E97662B-7F59-4AE2-AED7-FFD941AB89D8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I just installed it and it works flawlessly. I have a question about Game Pass app on it. Switch had some bad time trying to running the app but after few minutes I've managed to go through with it. I have one issue. The game is not showing up in full screen there's some space left on the bottom. Do you know if I can fix it somehow? Sorry if it's wrong post to ask such questions.

its more then likely made for a lower android version the sdk for i think android 7 has the bars look for an updated version
if you cant find it there is an app that makes app full screen just cant think of its name

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1