Hacking Question Switching from SXOS to ANY CFW - how does this work?

DNStuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am super fed up about the fact that SXOS doesn't support the latest Switchfirmware. I am also impressed that Nintendo hasn't released a new firmware for like 5 months or for how long? Normally they have pushed out new firmware versions super frequently but for some reason this has stopped (???) I was hoping for Nintendo to release a new firmware version which might also force SXOS to release a new update but none of this is happening. So I finally want to make the Switch.
I have 0 Knowledge how any of this works and what would be a good firmware. YES I do want to run my game back ups. I have heard some firmwares only work for homebrew. Besides ScummVM and RetroArch I do not use any homebrew and just play my game back ups. I am using EmuNand for SX OS where one system is still on Firmware 4 and the other is on the latest firmware that is possible with SXOS. I would like to keep my emunand if possible and I clearly want all my save games to work or do I have to WIPE everything and install every game from scratch and I will also lose all my save games? Really how do I make the switch exactly and how does it work? Also how would I trigger it again? I got that clip from SXOS I insert into one side of the Switch and I have their tiny dongle but since this is all SXOS related I do not know how it works with other CFWs. Thanks a lot.
I really thought they wouldn't be dead yet and just like a few guys got arrested but hearing nothing from them for so long...

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
so it's not possible or why didn't I get a single reply? :(
Switching to Atmosphere is easy but right now it's pointless because Nintendo released 12.0.0 yesterday and Atmosphere doesn't have support yet. Any games released for 11.0.1 will work on 11.0.0 as well so there's no need to use 11.0.1.

You can use Hekate to convert your SXOS emunand to Atmosphere but there's no going back so don't do it unless you're absolutely sure. To use backups on Atmosphere you will need sigpatches. You can download sig patches using this app by @Homlet https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/

Edit: To continue using your SX Pro dongle download the SX Gear boot.dat from Xecuter's website and place the payload file of your new cfw on your SD Card. I would recommend Deep Sea by @hax4dayz . It's not really it's own CFW but rather a pre-configured Atmosphere.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo