Hacking Switching from Sx to Atmosphere

cynique

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Using Sx os on ofw 6xx, cfw 10.0.2 .If i switch to Atmosphere, will my downloaded games on sx os be affected?

NRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Using Sx os on ofw 6xx, cfw 10.0.2 .If i switch to Atmosphere, will my downloaded games on sx os be affected?
Yes, Switching from SX OS and booting Atmosphere will cause your SX OS installed games to be unplayable. I use SX PRO and when I switch from SX OS to Atmosphere I have to download the games within Atmosphere itself (Using Tinfoil in atmosphere, installing the game and playing it in the titles screen. I hope this information helps you.
And by the way, if you update your system firmware (Original) All the games you installed previously will be unplayable in CFW until you update your CFW files to be compatible with the current FW, delete the games and re-install them again either in SX OS or Atmosphere.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the games are installed to the system or SD card, and they are not XCI files, then they should not be affected when switching from SX OS to Atmosphere.

You can boot Atmosphere now without removing SX OS and test for yourself.

Reactions: cynique

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Switching from SX OS and booting Atmosphere will cause your SX OS installed games to be unplayable. I use SX PRO and when I switch from SX OS to Atmosphere I have to download the games within Atmosphere itself (Using Tinfoil in atmosphere, installing the game and playing it in the titles screen. I hope this information helps you.
And by the way, if you update your system firmware (Original) All the games you installed previously will be unplayable in CFW until you update your CFW files to be compatible with the current FW, delete the games and re-install them again either in SX OS or Atmosphere.
Holy fuck man educate yourself before posting.
It won't do shit to the games, they will run on Atmos just fine, all he needs is proper sigpatches for Atmos and that's it. Please refrain from replying if you don't know what you're talking about, you're not helping

The bullshit you write is wrong on so many levels, there's absolutely no need for deleting and reinstalling anything at any point - just need to keep your cfw on a level that supports the current sysfw and that's it. Really, just never reply again if you don't have any idea of how it works please

Last edited by wurstpistole,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fuck man educate yourself before posting.
It won't to shit to the games, they will run on Atmos just fine, all he needs is proper sigpatches for Atmos and that's it. Please refrain from replying if you don't know what you're talking about, you're not helping

The bullshit you write is wrong on so many levels, there's absolutely no need for deleting and reinstalling anything at any point - just need to keep your cfw on a level that supports the current sysfw and that's it. Really, just never reply again if you don't have any idea of how it works please
Dude chill, NRamos is/was partially right. It all depends on how you installed it. I cant say bout now but around ofw 6.2 people would have issues with games not booting after switching from sx to atmosphere (my self included, even with sig patches). Come to find out it was due to how the rommenu installed stuff. For some reason it wasn't a simple swap. I cant say bout now, but it was an issue in the past

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-