Hacking Switch wont turn on

AlexDubz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone. I recently followed a video on youtube to restore my Nand to stock firmware but now my Switch wont book the stock firmware by pressing the power button. I believe its stuck in rcm mode because i can still use my injector and boot cfw. I did a full restore with an image that i made right before I did this but still no go. I am on version 6.2, I would greatly appreciate any advice and thank you in advance. I am very new at this so also sorry in advance.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Are you talking about auto rcm? I have never had that turned on.

Haven't watched the video, so don't know exactly what's going on, but for starters, when you restored your "image" (your rawnand.bin I take it?), did you also restore your boot/1 files?

I need more info on that Injector aswell. What are you injecting exactly? Which payload?

I you can boot into CFW, stock FW should work fine aswell, usually the issue is the other way around. Are you certain you don't have autoRCM turned on?

You can always shut down the Switch completely by holding the power button for about 13 seconds. If the injector then sends the payload without you having to manually enter RCM, you definitely have autoRCM enabled.

AlexDubz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't watched the video, so don't know exactly what's going on, but for starters, when you restored your "image" (your rawnand.bin I take it?), did you also restore your boot/1 files?

I need more info on that Injector aswell. What are you injecting exactly? Which payload?

I you can boot into CFW, stock FW should work fine aswell, usually the issue is the other way around. Are you certain you don't have autoRCM turned on?

You can always shut down the Switch completely by holding the power button for about 13 seconds. If the injector then sends the payload without you having to manually enter RCM, you definitely have autoRCM enabled.
I did restore both the image and the boot files, When i inject hekate from my computer and have autorcm off, then boot into stock firmware. Then power off my device i still cant turn it on using the power button. I have tried doing all the power button tricks with no success, no mater what i do i can plug the switch into my computer and it will recognize it.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I did restore both the image and the boot files, When i inject hekate from my computer and have autorcm off, then boot into stock firmware. Then power off my device i still cant turn it on using the power button. I have tried doing all the power button tricks with no success, no mater what i do i can plug the switch into my computer and it will recognize it.

Okay, we can rule out any Stock or CFW FW issues then, since you correctly restored your Nand and can launch both Firmwares just fine.

The way I see it, there are only a couple things that could be wrong:

-Your Power button is broken (I know that seems like a stretch, but you should be able to easily check if this is the case, eg, does it even respond at all?)

-It is not impossible that AutoRCM is actually on, even if Hekate reports it as being off. There are atleast are few solutions for applying autoRCM out there, and they all corrupt different parts of the boot files. This means that you cannot use 1 method of applying/removing autoRCM to fix boot files that were originally affected by another method. As an example, Hekate corrupts one part of the boot files, ChoiDujourNX another. I also don't think Hekate could detect if this was the case, because it probably only checks whether it's own method is applied or not.

Is there ANY chance you might have applied autoRCM at some point with a different method?

Short of these 2 possibilities, I just don't see why your Power button wouldn't work. There's one more thing I'd like to confirm. When you say your Switch is always "recognized" do you mean that TegraRCM always reports the Switch as in being in RCM, or is it just that you hear the Windows sound from when a USB device is connected?

AlexDubz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much everyone, It turns out i did have RCM enabled somehow, I had to do a restore with choidujour and it fixed the problem. I also repeated the tutorial in the video and had success. I now have a unbanned switch on OFW and a SD card running emummc. Thanks again for the help/suggestions.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over