Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

prakhar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys, I'm pretty excited to see Atmosphere 0.8.4 out in the wild since I've been meaning to mod (one of) my Nintendo Switch(es).

I wanted your opinion on a few things to do with owning two consoles - one hacked and one stock. I've spent the whole day looking for cohesive answers but couldn't reliably figure it out.

Context: I have two consoles - one patched, one unpatched, both running 7.0.1, both stock at the moment.

What I would like to do: I want to CFW the unpatched one. My main use would be running a bunch of emulators on it and I would also like to run backups of games I own on cartridges. All this, while I use the patched one to remain stock and continue playing online.

What I would like to achieve:
  1. Avoid a ban. (I've gone through the "Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning" thread and am okay with taking all precautions while staying offline)
  2. Rip my cartridges to the CFW unit's SD card, so while travelling I only need to carry just one of the consoles to play all my games and emulators.
  3. Save games syncing across both consoles - I do have a Nintendo Online membership so my saves do get backed up to the cloud. However, I would like to *somehow* manage (as simple as possible) save games syncing across a stock and modded Switch once I go the CFW way. Is there a way for me to go online, sync saves and yet not risk a ban?
What kind of a setup would you recommend for what I want to achieve?

Also, any other recommendations, tips or cool tricks for users of two Switches?

Thanks a lot in advance!

AngeloftheNight091

Trophies
Website
www.snowpointtemple.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you go online at all with a cfw console, you risk a ban regardless of what people tell you.
Syncing the Game saves across after you edit them will likely get you banned.

Put atmosphere on your unpatched console and leave it offline

if you dont want to get banned, dont do CFW. Simple as that.

Reactions: prakhar

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#3 is impossible as far as I know. You have no way of running a save manager on the patched Switch, so your only option would be to connect the CFW switch to your Nintendo Online membership and back up your saves to the cloud. Which there's no guaranteed safe way of doing without getting banned.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I'm pretty excited to see Atmosphere 0.8.4 out in the wild since I've been meaning to mod (one of) my Nintendo Switch(es).

I wanted your opinion on a few things to do with owning two consoles - one hacked and one stock. I've spent the whole day looking for cohesive answers but couldn't reliably figure it out.

Context: I have two consoles - one patched, one unpatched, both running 7.0.1, both stock at the moment.

What I would like to do: I want to CFW the unpatched one. My main use would be running a bunch of emulators on it and I would also like to run backups of games I own on cartridges. All this, while I use the patched one to remain stock and continue playing online.

What I would like to achieve:
  1. Avoid a ban. (I've gone through the "Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning" thread and am okay with taking all precautions while staying offline)
  2. Rip my cartridges to the CFW unit's SD card, so while travelling I only need to carry just one of the consoles to play all my games and emulators.
  3. Save games syncing across both consoles - I do have a Nintendo Online membership so my saves do get backed up to the cloud. However, I would like to *somehow* manage (as simple as possible) save games syncing across a stock and modded Switch once I go the CFW way. Is there a way for me to go online, sync saves and yet not risk a ban?
What kind of a setup would you recommend for what I want to achieve?

Also, any other recommendations, tips or cool tricks for users of two Switches?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Right. Let me get into this.
1. The best method is to stay offline however they're alternatives. Atmosphere already has things to prevent bans but we can go further. 90DNS is a good option if you just want to get stuff blocked just with a DNS option but there's a better option. Make a pihole server (and if you decide to actually go through with this I'll give you a .txt file via DMs). This blocks all Nintendo telemetry and is probably the best way to avoid an ban and to stay online.

2. You can easily do that with a homebrew app called gcdumptool. Which comes with features like splitting for FAT32 cards. Also if you want to install them you should use 4Nxci to convert it to an NSP then put it back on your switch and install it (or use USB Install). For that I personally recommend Goldleaf 0.3 (0.4 is littered with bugs but XorTroll is fixing it :D).

3. That's impossible if you're going to block telemetry/stay offline. And also it is basically asking for a ban.

Hope this helps :)

prakhar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you go online at all with a cfw console, you risk a ban regardless of what people tell you.
Syncing the Game saves across after you edit them will likely get you banned.

Put atmosphere on your unpatched console and leave it offline

if you dont want to get banned, dont do CFW. Simple as that.

#3 is impossible as far as I know. You have no way of running a save manager on the patched Switch, so your only option would be to connect the CFW switch to your Nintendo Online membership and back up your saves to the cloud. Which there's no guaranteed safe way of doing without getting banned.

Right. Let me get into this.
1. The best method is to stay offline however they're alternatives. Atmosphere already has things to prevent bans but we can go further. 90DNS is a good option if you just want to get stuff blocked just with a DNS option but there's a better option. Make a pihole server (and if you decide to actually go through with this I'll give you a .txt file via DMs). This blocks all Nintendo telemetry and is probably the best way to avoid an ban and to stay online.

2. You can easily do that with a homebrew app called gcdumptool. Which comes with features like splitting for FAT32 cards. Also if you want to install them you should use 4Nxci to convert it to an NSP then put it back on your switch and install it (or use USB Install). For that I personally recommend Goldleaf 0.3 (0.4 is littered with bugs but XorTroll is fixing it :D).

3. That's impossible if you're going to block telemetry/stay offline. And also it is basically asking for a ban.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, everyone! This helps. Looks like my CFW Switch will be appropriately backed up and staying offline for the foreseeable future.

@Essasetic please do DM me the txt file. I already have a Pihole running and the file would help a ton. Thanks, again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol