Hacking Question Switch USB install troubles

Daruna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there,

My Switch is seen by my PC when in RCM mode, and I can inject payloads to it no problem. I also could use USB install no problem before I decided to update hekate/atmosphere/firmware (was previously on 6.2 and hekate 4.2 or something). This leads me to believe it's not a cable problem, although just to be sure I have tried a second cable, with no change whatsoever.

Now, however, the switch isn't seen by my PC at all when it gets out of RCM and into CFW, when previously it was always detected. It doesn't show up in device manager, which means that not even Zadig can see it when it's out of RCM. Also, when it does show up during RCM, it's not listed as "Nintendo Switch" like all the guides say, but instead listed as "APX."

I'm running Windows 10 and I've tried manually scrubbing the computer in safe mode of all mentions of "libusb". This includes the countless libusbk.dll files and libusb0.dll files, as well as all the instances of the driver files being in the system32/driverstore directory (which was a huge pain in the ass), and still no luck.

I'm at my wit's end here, any ideas?

Daruna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I know that. I'm trying to get the Switch to be detected when NOT in RCM so I can use things like Tinfoil/Goldleaf USB install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs