switch updated and wont boot atmosphere

Minattz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, when i picked up my switch that hadnt been turned on in over a few weeks I noticed an error, incorrect fusee version. unable to identify package1! SO first thing I did was come here and read. I deleted and then installed/copied over the newest heckate and atmosphere packs and sig packs. I can boot into Heckate, but will not boot into atmosphere still. I have firmware 15 installed on the switch now but Atmosphere is a no go. Is there anything else I can use besides Atmosphere to load into my games I have on the device? At a loss, thanks.

Reactions: Shadow#1

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, when i picked up my switch that hadnt been turned on in over a few weeks I noticed an error, incorrect fusee version. unable to identify package1! SO first thing I did was come here and read. I deleted and then installed/copied over the newest heckate and atmosphere packs and sig packs. I can boot into Heckate, but will not boot into atmosphere still. I have firmware 15 installed on the switch now but Atmosphere is a no go. Is there anything else I can use besides Atmosphere to load into my games I have on the device? At a loss, thanks.
Now u wait

Reactions: Blavla and impeeza

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you update? emunand or ofw? If you just updated your ofw to 15.0 you should still be able to boot old 14.1.2 emunand, but sleep won't work anymore.
If you don't have emunand and use sysnand, then you can't boot atmosphere for now. new atmospere release should be out in a few days. You should still be able to boot to stock ofw by using the reboot option in hekate and select ofw.

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What did you update? emunand or ofw? If you just updated your ofw to 15.0 you should still be able to boot old 14.1.2 emunand, but sleep won't work anymore.
If you don't have emunand and use sysnand, then you can't boot atmosphere for now. new atmospere release should be out in a few days. You should still be able to boot to stock ofw by using the reboot option in hekate and select ofw.
Why wont sleep work any more?

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why wont sleep work any more?
FYI if anyone needs an answer to this in the future I found out why this is the case for mariko.

If your sysnand has a higher fuse count than the emunand expects then sleep mode will not work because your switch checks the fuse count when it wakes up from sleep, and if the fuses mismatch (in my case 15.0.0 fuses on sysnand trying to boot 14.1.2 emunand) your console will not wake up from sleep. Hekate will let you know this is the case when you try to launch your emunand. You can still launch it but sleep will not work.

To fix it you need to boot stock sysnand through hekate (not reboot to ofw) with a version of atmosphere that supports your sysnand firmware on your microscd to generate the warmboot_mariko binaries, and then sleep mode will work again on your emunand even if it is a lower firmware than your sysnand. ctcaer recommends always making sure you backup your warmboot_mariko folder as well.

Found this out the hard way last night but got it all sorted now.

Reactions: WallsAreLiquid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth