Switch TrustZoneHax on 4.x

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Lia, Feb 16, 2018.

1. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    No, fuse checks are done by pk1ldr, which is first code ran on the system after the bootrom

The only way to bypass them is by using a payload that runs before pk1ldr, but at that point Deja Vu is pointless

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, May 22, 2019
  2. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    You cannot use hekate if your switch is ipatched, so downgrading to a firmware with a lower fuse count (on an ipatched switch) would give you a fancy new paper-weight.

However those whose switches are vulnerable to fusee-gelee could downgrade to 4.X or lower for TZ hacks. But there wouldn't be much point since they can already push payloads.

Last edited by 8BitWonder, May 22, 2019
    Massive20 likes this.
  3. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    You can only downgrade to 4.x if you haven't already burnt 5.x+ fuses. If you have then you can only boot your switch if you use RCM payloads, so deja vu is pointless.

If you saved your fuses then you can downgrade and use deja vu, which is still pointless until you can have emunand let you run newer games. Once emunand is out then it will come down to whether you think not carrying a dongle is better than having to go through all the hassle of deja vu (which I haven't seen an untethered version of yet)

Last edited by smf, May 22, 2019
  4. fingolin

fingolin Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    United States
    Where can find it and what does it allows to do at the moment, i was under impression it's still in work.

5. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I haven't seen an exploit chain for 4.x or later, I assume he means deja vu is public. But deja vu is not an exploit chain, it's only one single part.

6. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Only from 1 to 3.0.0
    3.0.1 and 3.0.2 not working i guess.

=====

I have a question about this, so everytime i need to boot Deja Vu i need to use a local server hosted a file and use the news from the switch to boot to cfw?

7. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Nope. I mean all the exploits in the chain used for 4.x are public and also have public implementations

8. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Can you link to them?

9. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    browserhax and nspwn are already in pegaswitch. Scires posted nvhax shit on discord (check pins in #switch-hacking-meta). And there’s a few Deja Vu implementations (specifically for 1.0 and 3.0).

Somebody still needs to put everything together for it to actually be useful though

10. RobinMeade

RobinMeade Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    Zimbabwe
    I happen to have patched Switch on 4.1.0. Is there any sort of step by step how to install the exploit?
    What does it allow for? Both Homebrew and backups or just one of those?
    Apologize if I’m asking in wrong thread was linked here from another thread as the solution. TIA

11. kylum

kylum GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    @RobinMeade follow this guide here it has everything you will need to know in getting started, you will be using caffeine. Hopefully you haven’t connected to the internet for sometime or you could have what is called supernag and it blocks everything. I personally have no experience with patched units but this will help you through the process.

If you can exploit your switch than I strongly suggest setting up emummc. It a must in your situation to play newer games legit or otherwise.

Good luck

Last edited by kylum, Oct 20, 2019 at 3:12 PM
  12. RobinMeade

RobinMeade Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    Zimbabwe
    Thank you for the reply! No, it was never connected to the internet, not once.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted