Switch TrustZoneHax on 4.x

nintendo-switch-15-1-630x354.jpg

The ReSwitched Hacking Team have done it again. motezazer, ktemkin and SciresM have achieved code execution on 4.1.0, the latest version at the time of writing this, via deja vu at TrustZone level. This means devices on 4.1.0 and below will be able to gain access to the whole system. SciresM strongly advises to not update in the future.

After less than a year, the Switch hacking team has moved extremely fast and now have got full access on the latest version. The progress being made is incredible, and in comparison, the 3DS took around 2 years to get ARM9 access. The scene is looking very promising so far and we are very lucky to have such talented people working on the Switch.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not all new games require up-to-date firmware.
future ones will there no games currently coming soon i'm interested in so hopefully we will have cfw by the time pokemon switch comes out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cfw only affects the boot process of the switch so if you inject the homebrew launcher into an app on the switch Nintendo would not be able to tell what your doing so theres no need to worry about bans unless you cheat.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my switch to latest to grab a few games from the eShop, and now I've blocked it. Glad to know I can still play online through the DNS that's setup and be able to take advantage of this when it gets released to the public :)

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its lucky the only game I would want that is probably for a newer firmware is FUZE Code Studio. I will hold off on updating unless their is homebrew for newer firmwares.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also dont play online (apart from Splatoon 2)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding to the list now that you need to have some stuff to play, i suggest The Next Penelope: Race to Odysseus as well. It's a very interesting Racing/Shmup with top-view perspective (a la Micro Machines)
Lacrimosa of Dana is also one i would recommend if you're into ye olde Ys games.

This is gonna be a very fascinating year! Looking forward to everything that'll come from it! :switch:
I already got The Next Penelope, but just barely started playing it.
I'll look into Lacrimosa of Dana when I get home to see if it's something that interests me.

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I am on 4.1.0 and just put in a SD Card the first time. It tells me i need to update to use the card. Is it a newer firmware or what? Am I safe?

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 4.1.0 and just put in a SD Card the first time. It tells me i need to update to use the card. Is it a newer firmware or what? Am I safe?
Ask yourself this question: Wouldn't it be all over GBATemp if there actually was a new firmware out?
You'll quickly come to the conclusion

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not really. I'm not saying Nintendo has nothing to learn either. But the switch is actually proof that they did learn. Problem is, we have extremely skilled hackers, who figure out crap in mere seconds.
Nope, anything won't justify that N 's failed to secure its last born, ofc N has resources to work with world best engineers to produce most impenetrable console, so much investment, research and effort went destroyed by a bunch of young people who hack consols in their free time!!!

all N' s competitors have released earlier and have more consoles placed but hackers took so many years to hack ps4 and they still can do a shieee with x1.

Last edited by leon315,
D

Deleted User

Nope, anything won't justify that N 's failed to secure its last born, all N' s competitors have released earlier and have more consoles placed but hackers took so many years and efforts to hack ps4 and they didn't succeed with x1.
Are we really about to argue about this. First off the x1 exploit wasn't found right away. It took until 3.0 to find the exploit. Second off the ps4 scene greatly differs from the switch hacking scene. Third point comparing apples to oranges isn't quite fair. The reswitch team has a different skill set than the ps4 scene, and the way the security works differs. Nintendo has certainly taken a step up from the 3ds security, but you also got to keep in mind most of the rewswitched team came from the 3ds scene. Lets also not forget that the 3ds and switch have nearly similar identical architectures. The ps3 had a very bazaar setup. So anything that they learned or developed on the ps3 could not be easily be carried over. And it's not like Nintendo has the resources to actually build absurd security. What I'm trying to stress is, the reswitch team's talent out surpasses Nintendo's better security measures. And btw, the ps4 fell the same way the switch did. Through webkit. And no, Nintendo releases first. Then everyone else.

Last edited by ,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While its likely not necessary to make this abundantly clear: do not update even if patience takes a long, long time.

It is very likely, if not 100% guaranteed, that at least some if not several critical parts of the exploit chain will be patched in the next major release. And with how long they have been working on it, it will be a big patch both for security and for firmware functionality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/