Gaming Hacking Homebrew Switch Sports Save Editing

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
this thread is about editing Saves for Nintendo Switch Sports.

NRO is the format for Homebrew. NSP is format for Nintendo own installation package, normally contains lot of different files.

you can create a NSP to install a "Forwarder" to a NRO but I dubt you can convert a NSP to NRO or the other way.

but you can try on noobs paradise https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you can try DBI to mount a game as a MTP folder on Switch, or use NXDumpTool to dump a installed game to files on the Switch SD card, then you can use several tools like HacBrewPack or Switch Toolbox to edit files.

Or you can use NxFileViewer.exe to extract NSP on the PC.

LiquidPlazmid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try DBI to mount a game as a MTP folder on Switch, or use NXDumpTool to dump a installed game to files on the Switch SD card, then you can use several tools like HacBrewPack or Switch Toolbox to edit files.

Or you can use NxFileViewer.exe to extract NSP on the PC.

Thanks for the tip. I actually realized I misunderstood a few things early on (I've never disassembled switch code before) and the file I needed was actually in the EXEFS partition and I got it with nxdumptool.

After running it through a disassembler and looking through the raw bytes of the code I found an Rijndael S-Box which 100% confirms that these files are encrypted with AES. Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to trace through the call stack of the function containing the S-Box and see if I can find the key needed to decrypt these files.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
You can obtain online items you just beed to play without nintendo account linked try to play online and the game will tell you that you dont have a Nintendo switch account so you will olay with bots you can obtain points playing this way but you are limited to 2 items per day i think
I am continuing to look into this in my free time (I don't have a lot of it). I believe the save file is utilizing AES encryption which requires 2 keys to decrypt. One should be hard coded into the game and the other should be within the save file (I believe the next 16 bytes after the header could contain that key). I need to disassemble the game and see if I can find anything. I didn't think they'd go this far to protect a save file when plenty of other first party releases aren't obfuscated whatsoever.

To be honest I'm more interested in figuring out how to modify the pro rank for a sport. I don't know how I keep matching against absolutely amazing tennis players who can hit a perfect serve every time, but I keep getting screwed and can't get past C tier.
you tried this?

MikMok

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can obtain online items you just beed to play without nintendo account linked try to play online and the game will tell you that you dont have a Nintendo switch account so you will olay with bots you can obtain points playing this way but you are limited to 2 items per day i think
This actually works, but its limited to only 2 items per week. I linked a fake nintendo online account to all my switch profiles using tinfoil, so i created a new profile for this, idk how to delete a fake online account. But it's kinda useless since you can't get more than 2 items a week sadly.

LiquidPlazmid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This actually works, but its limited to only 2 items per week. I linked a fake nintendo online account to all my switch profiles using tinfoil, so i created a new profile for this, idk how to delete a fake online account. But it's kinda useless since you can't get more than 2 items a week sadly.
Does it work for increasing your pro rank?

LiquidPlazmid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's great, now if only someone could get all sports to pro-class rank A.

I'm in the process of doing that because even after running through the disassembled code I can't make much sense as to what's going on. There are multiple calls to get the current number of ticks from the system and a bunch of other operations that go into format the AES Key and Initialization Vector. If the key was just hardcoded I could find it no problem, but its not and I can't make enough sense of the code snippet to try and figure it out. I'll post some of the disassembled code snippets I found relating to the save encryption and let people who understand more about switch save encryption take it from here

Reactions: BryanJr

BryanJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great, now if only someone could get all sports to pro-class rank A.

I'm in the process of doing that because even after running through the disassembled code I can't make much sense as to what's going on. There are multiple calls to get the current number of ticks from the system and a bunch of other operations that go into format the AES Key and Initialization Vector. If the key was just hardcoded I could find it no problem, but its not and I can't make enough sense of the code snippet to try and figure it out. I'll post some of the disassembled code snippets I found relating to the save encryption and let people who understand more about switch save encryption take it from here
I'll probably be looking at it brainlessly but I'd love to give some investigation a swing. A Rijndael S-Box is complicated as it is because it's a stupid substitution box cipher which is always the most annoying in my opinion. Hopefully, we can get something out of it because that would be pretty big. If this also manages to work the same way Chocobo GP does maybe we can get some cheats out for it if we can't get a save editor. Nintendo really wanted to be a bitch on this one.

LiquidPlazmid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a portion of the output of the disassembler (IDA 7.6). These decompiled sections of code pertain to the encryption and decryption of save files. sub_7100BFF350 appears to be some kind of helper function for the main function. IDA has a tendency to insert a parameter (the class itself) at the function, which messes with the interpretation a bit. I edited out what I believe are mistakes in one of the files

Attachments

• sub_7100BFB7AC_MakesCallToAESEncrypt_Decompiled.txt
    47.2 KB · Views: 70
  • sub_7100BFF350.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 46
  • sub_7100BFB7AC_MakesCallToAESEncrypt_Decompiled_FixedParams.txt
    47.2 KB · Views: 77

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just came here for Nintendo Switch Sports as well.
Don't want to apply any savefile from the web but only wanna unlock all unlockables. Either via a savefile editor (would be awesome) or manually by editing files with a text or hex editor if you guys know how to do it.

BryanJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came here for Nintendo Switch Sports as well.
Don't want to apply any savefile from the web but only wanna unlock all unlockables. Either via a savefile editor (would be awesome) or manually by editing files with a text or hex editor if you guys know how to do it.
Well that's what we're trying to figure out. Not sure if you read it through or not but the save files are encrypted with an AES key and it's a pain in the ass to find. LiquidPlazmid decompiled some code but we don't have much of an understanding to read it. If you know how to read it or know anyone who can that would help a bunch.

BryanJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, in the mean time, if you guys wanna feel somewhat special when you play you can edit your account_extra_data.sav file to make your character wear the Lotus Ensemble, which I don't think is obtainable yet. (It won't unlock it it'll just wear it)

Just edit the byte at 000001A0 to "1B" and you should be wearing it.

I wasn't able to find any other outfits, so I'll have to do more playing around.

Attachments

• bit.png
    bit.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4042.JPG
    IMG_4042.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 65

yier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use switch-time to change the time,and find that there are 14 sets of items in version 1.1.0.
08.jpg

But i can only get 2*14 of them.
Well,maybe we could modify the limitations of the trial mode to enjoy the fun of collecting.

14.jpg

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: lordelan

yier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
我用switch-time来改变时间,发现1.1.0版本有14组项目。View attachment 308965
但我只能得到 2*14 个。
好吧,也许我们可以修改试玩模式的限制,享受收集的乐趣。

View attachment 308966
Would you be able to share the save files containing those 2x14 items please?
It takes 3*2*14=84 wins to get these items, so I'm not going to do it all at once.
You can use the “switch-time.nro” to get them.

Attachments

• switch-time.zip
    143.8 KB · Views: 62

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm