Hacking Question Switch soft-bricked

DrVollKornBrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Atmosphere (pretty old) and Horizon (8.0) on Sysnand.
No AutoRCM. Payload is fusee-primary.

> I updated Atmo to 14.x and sigpatches several days ago.
> I updated Horizon from 8.0 to 10.2.0 (from darthsternie) via ChoiDujourNX - did this a couple of times before, did nothing different this time. But this is where the trouble begins.

> After rebooting, screen is bright/lighted and black. Can reset (hold power down 10sec), but the switch instantly automatically turns on, into the bright black screen without pressing the power button (it's not RCM).
> I updated SDcard to Atmo 15.0 + latest Sigpatches + using latest fp payload (got everything from github)
> After several tries, i got into RCM (gotta be fast after resetting, no way to turn switch off, always auto-boots).
> I injected the latest fp payload -> sept,atmosphere,atmosphere-logo splashscreens -> the switch freezes with a dark black screen after. Have to reset again, switch turns on automatically , this time into a dark black screen (pc usb sound tells me it's on, can't get to RCM from here without the whole gotta-be-fast-thing)
> Put hekate on SD and injected hekate payload. Hekate boot menu works (but after launching fp from hekate Launch menu, dark black screen freeze after kosmos splashscreen)
> The only way to turn the switch off is via hekate "Power Off" option.

How do i proceed? Any ideas?
I do have an ancient NAND backup. Is restoring it my only option? Is it safe? (because of fuses and stuff idk?)

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try to delete Atmosphere and sept folder from your sd root and download the latest release of atmosphere here. Extract it and copy all the files/folder to your sd root,download the latest sigpatches and hekate again, merge the atmosphere and bootloader folder on your sd card. Change the file on TegraRCM to the latest hekate payload, boot on RCM,inject hekate and try to boot on ur emunand(if you use one) or sysnand.
Maybe you have old atmosphere files mixed up with new files,cuz you still have kosmos splashcreen and kosmos is no longer maintained
Edit - Hekate link: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

Last edited by MrVtR,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf