switch sd seems corrupt under linux but it is fine under windows

Deleted member 591971

OP
Trophies
XP
the title says it all, i use linux as my main operating system but i have windows just in case, there is no way im switching back just for this. if i use hekate tools to transfer data over usb then it works, i disabled the ftp service on my linux machine so do not ask about ftp conections

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the title says it all, i use linux as my main operating system but i have windows just in case, there is no way im switching back just for this. if i use hekate tools to transfer data over usb then it works, i disabled the ftp service on my linux machine so do not ask about ftp conections

What do you mean when you say “seems corrupt” on Linux?
  • Is it not mounting at all?
  • Is it mounting but providing gibberish?
  • Or maybe mounting but not letting you read/write in different directories?

What filesystem do you use on your SDCard? FAT32 or exfat?

What command are you using to mount the SDCard on Linux?

Side note: Even if you have the ftpd service disabled you can still use the ftp client to make connections to your switch. They are not mutex. Still don’t recommend FTP except for the smallest of xfers because it’s super slow. USB mount or MTP are much faster.

Deleted member 591971

OP
Trophies
XP
What do you mean when you say “seems corrupt” on Linux?
  • Is it not mounting at all?
  • Is it mounting but providing gibberish?
  • Or maybe mounting but not letting you read/write in different directories?

What filesystem do you use on your SDCard? FAT32 or exfat?

What command are you using to mount the SDCard on Linux?

Side note: Even if you have the ftpd service disabled you can still use the ftp client to make connections to your switch. They are not mutex. Still don’t recommend FTP except for the smallest of xfers because it’s super slow. USB mount or MTP are much faster.
first of all, before i made this thread it was mounting but providing gibberish, after i posted the thread i reformated the sd card and now it is not letting me read/write on different directory, now im making emummc as sd files. I use fat32 on the switch's sd card (128gb in size)
I just connect it and it mounts (linux mint stuff i guess)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
remember SD cards for Switch have a big GPT partition and the real MBR partitions set. may be your Linux distro is reading the GPT only and not the MBR part. on Hekate GitHub issues there are several discussions about the topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F