Homebrew RELEASE Switch Remote Play - Stream your PC to your Switch

dgibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Already in my Win 10 startup app forlder :P
Another suggestion (sorry) but a quick connect (to the last IP) short cut from the front screen would be awesome

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
just installed, it's work! It can stream to switch. :grog:

I have some question?

After connected, I press the "-" on switch , it show the "Xbox game bar" by default, is it the normal behavior that the switch is simulated the xbox controller?
(It's mean I cannot use the "-" button for playing EMU ? )

The EMU (RetroArc) full screen cannot stream, is it normal? :O
(I saw SkyNX has this issue.)

Some full-screen games freeze video streaming · Issue #21 · DevL0rd/SkyNX · GitHub
https://github.com/DevL0rd/SkyNX/issues/21

Last edited by jasonhk,

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Already in my Win 10 startup app forlder :P
Another suggestion (sorry) but a quick connect (to the last IP) short cut from the front screen would be awesome

I'm so happy to hear it's worthy of being a start up app!
I can add a use last connected IP option. I had it in one of the prototype versions but removed it because some people might get connection issues and assume something broke if their PC IP changed. When I rework the network configuration stuff I'll put it as an option. :)

just installed, it's work! It can stream to switch. :grog:

I have some question?

After connected, I press the "-" on switch , it show the "Xbox game bar" by default, is it the normal behavior that the switch is simulated the xbox controller?
(It's mean I cannot use the "-" button for playing EMU ? )

The EMU (RetroArc) full screen cannot stream, is it normal? :O
(I saw SkyNX has this issue.)

Some full-screen games freeze video streaming · Issue #21 · DevL0rd/SkyNX · GitHub
https://github.com/DevL0rd/SkyNX/issues/21
I'm happy to hear it's working for you. :)
You can choose the Xbox360 controller or PS4 controller option when using this app. The buttons behave exactly like their controller except the 'home' button cannot be mapped.
Have you tried using the PS4 controller option with RetroArc? I will double check the Xbox controller mappings when I get home to make sure they aren't mapped incorrectly.
Edit: I double checked the Xbox button mappings and the Minus button is mapped to the 'guide' button (the home button on the xbox controller) instead of the 'back' button. I will fix this in the next update. Sorry for the trouble. Till then I'd recommend trying to use the PS4 controller option in the switch app as it is mapped correctly.

As for full-screen, is it only happening with RetroArc for you? I will look into this when I get home after work in 12 hours and see if I can find the issue. Till then I recommend like mentioned in the github issue, to use borderless fullscreen with RetroArc instead of fullscreen for now. I hope that helps.
Edit: looks like the black screen issue is caused by ffmpeg's capturing technique. It captures the 'desktop' so if any game or application uses fullscreen mode it won't render onto the desktop. For retroarch please use Windowed fullscreen mode.

Last edited by Moehammered,
Reactions: jasonhk

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm so happy to hear it's worthy of being a start up app!
I can add a use last connected IP option. I had it in one of the prototype versions but removed it because some people might get connection issues and assume something broke if their PC IP changed. When I rework the network configuration stuff I'll put it as an option. :)

I'm happy to hear it's working for you. :)
You can choose the Xbox360 controller or PS4 controller option when using this app. The buttons behave exactly like their controller except the 'home' button cannot be mapped.
Have you tried using the PS4 controller option with RetroArc? I will double check the Xbox controller mappings when I get home to make sure they aren't mapped incorrectly.
Edit: I double checked the Xbox button mappings and the Minus button is mapped to the 'guide' button (the home button on the xbox controller) instead of the 'back' button. I will fix this in the next update. Sorry for the trouble. Till then I'd recommend trying to use the PS4 controller option in the switch app as it is mapped correctly.

As for full-screen, is it only happening with RetroArc for you? I will look into this when I get home after work in 12 hours and see if I can find the issue. Till then I recommend like mentioned in the github issue, to use borderless fullscreen with RetroArc instead of fullscreen for now. I hope that helps.
Edit: looks like the black screen issue is caused by ffmpeg's capturing technique. It captures the 'desktop' so if any game or application uses fullscreen mode it won't render onto the desktop. For retroarch please use Windowed fullscreen mode.
:D thanks, Just change to use PS4 controller option, it is perfect now. :P

> Windowed fullscreen mode.
OK, no problem. :lol:

Last edited by jasonhk,
Reactions: Moehammered

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@cucholix Hey mate, v0.8.1 is out for you (and everyone else haha). I'm a little bit late on 24 hrs but close enough Never mind, just made it :P
Hope it works well for you and let's you manage your PC more comfortably :)
Nice, new icon looks sleek on the desktop app :P
I'm having problems with my Switch Pro and Joy Cons, I have no button/stick inputs when the stream is running, the stream itself is fine.

nvm, I switched to mouse mode and now it's working :)

Last edited by cucholix,

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
uh if you install this nro apprantly tinfoil does not work for some reason

Is this after streaming? If so just close homebrew menu/loader and reopen it and the problem should resolve.

Nice, new icon looks sleek on the desktop app :P
I'm having problems with my Switch Pro and Joy Cons, I have no button/stick inputs when the stream is running, the stream itself is fine.

nvm, I switched to mouse mode and now it's working :)
Yeah it does look sleek on the desktop app. I really love seeing it in the taskbar. Remember you can keep a finger on the touch screen for 3 seconds to toggle mouse/gamepad. :)

Reactions: jasonhk

dgibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Created an NSP for this today - can I share this or is it against the forumn rules / comprimising?
Used the attached PNG file + NRO2NSP + Lockpick + Google searching for master keys (thanks rashevskyv) then tinfoil to install.
Next project is to build the WOL function

Attachments

• RemotePlay.png
    RemotePlay.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 249

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can we please get an equivalent Xbox One/Series X/S Streaming version of this?! Thank you for your consideration

Do you mean port it to work on an Xbox so you can stream your PC to your Xbox? If so I'm sorry but I don't have an Xbox so I'm not gonna be able to do so. Sorry. (Do have a hacked PS4 though and am itching to make homebrew on it. Once ffmpeg/libavcodec is ported to the PS4 I'm planning to port this app to there :D )

Created an NSP for this today - can I share this or is it against the forumn rules / comprimising?
Used the attached PNG file + NRO2NSP + Lockpick + Google searching for master keys (thanks rashevskyv) then tinfoil to install.
Next project is to build the WOL function

I'm not sure if it's allowed to be shared or not. Best to check the forum rules about that.
It'd look wicked to see my app as an installed title on the Switch haha. Though I avoid making/distributing/using them due to potential TitleID clashes and the key issue.

I'll try not to keep ya waiting too long for the WOL. :)

dgibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean port it to work on an Xbox so you can stream your PC to your Xbox? If so I'm sorry but I don't have an Xbox so I'm not gonna be able to do so. Sorry. (Do have a hacked PS4 though and am itching to make homebrew on it. Once ffmpeg/libavcodec is ported to the PS4 I'm planning to port this app to there :D )

I'm not sure if it's allowed to be shared or not. Best to check the forum rules about that.
It'd look wicked to see my app as an installed title on the Switch haha. Though I avoid making/distributing/using them due to potential TitleID clashes and the key issue.

I'll try not to keep ya waiting too long for the WOL. :)
I tried to compile the wol code but keep hitting an error message (I am not greeat at codding). Anyway see attached for my home screen :)

Attachments

• 2021010613194400-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    2021010613194400-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 254

PixyGixy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is this after streaming? If so just close homebrew menu/loader and reopen it and the problem should resolve.

Yeah it does look sleek on the desktop app. I really love seeing it in the taskbar. Remember you can keep a finger on the touch screen for 3 seconds to toggle mouse/gamepad. :)

no i havent run it but if i try running tinfoil with this nro installed it just crashes

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
no i havent run it but if i try running tinfoil with this nro installed it just crashes
That's very strange... are you running SX OS or Atmosphere? Which FW Version are you on?

I tried to compile the wol code but keep hitting an error message (I am not greeat at codding). Anyway see attached for my home screen :)

Thanks for the image. It looks cool :)
As for the WOL code I checked moonlight-nx and it has a WOL feature similar to the prototype I wrote. So I know it's doable but I want to make it user friendly. User friendliness is the key factor of this project :)

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello. Both SkyNX and inhome switch had been forwarded to the news page of gbatemp. Can we pitch this homebrew too? I think it deserves it.

Really you think so? Thank you very much :)
It means a lot to hear someone say so.

Do you know how I would go about pitching it to the news page?

(P.S. People following this thread for updates, do not be alarmed by the lack of patches / updates to the repo in the past week or so. I've been working on a small surprise prototype that will hopefully be revealed this weekend. Then I will resume working towards v0.9.0's development :) )

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Any Linux builds on the way ?

Yes there will be a Linux build on the way. Hopefully soon. I spent a bit of time to clean out my SSDs on my dev machine to make room for a dual boot of Linux in preparation of starting the Linux version. I attempted using a VM (via Hyper-V and VirtualBox) however I ran into some issues with FFMPEG and the virtual switch the VMs were using causing frame drops in my preliminary testing of FFMPEG. So I need to setup a dual boot configuration to do some real work on the Linux version. Once I have a dual-boot configuration ready, I'll start the prototype version for Linux and update this post with news about it.

I'll try not to keep fellow Linux users waiting too long :)

Reactions: Cybereu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended