1. Peechy

OP Peechy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    For context, I paid someone to install an SX Lite Chip into my new Switch Lite in early July. Since then the Switch has worked exactly as expected. That is, until a couple days ago. I wasn't able to turn on the Switch, it remained on a black screen, and I know it wasn't a battery problem, because my non-hacked Switch booted up and showed the charging sing. Later that day, my switch turned on, but began behaving as if it doesn't have the SX Lite installed. When I power on, it goes straight to the Nintendo Logo, regardless of if I hold down the Plus button or not. I'm not sure how to move forward from this. Is it something to do with my SD card or the actual Switch Lite itself? Would love any recommendations.

2. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When you power on the switch light, do you see any LEDs light up? I have a clear shell, but I believe you can see the SX Lite LEDs if to open the SD card slot. Look to see if you see any lights when turning on the Switch.

No lights means the SX Lite isn't getting power. Depending on what color light is shown, we can troubleshoot further.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

3. rdlf4

rdlf4 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    My Switch Lite has the same problem, with the only exception being that it doesn't show anything after I turn it on.
    I did a F3WRITE and F3READ on my microSD card to make sure it isn't the source of this, and it successfully completed the test, no corrupted file. Now, my Switch Lite quickly goes from blinking blue to a static green led but doesn't show anything on the screen.
    Finally, I attempted to boot without any card inserted. The reason I did this was to make sure the SD reader is working. And indeed, SXOS shows the "BOOT.DAT?" screen, so it's good. I even tried to trick it by creating an empty file labeled 'boot.dat' and saved it to the card and I was "greeted" by the same screen. So I've got indications that my microSD, the SD reader and the hacking kit are working, now why won't it even show me the SXOS splash screen?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - refuses, Switch,