- Aug 5, 2019
I've posted to Reddit and the AtlasNX Discord channel. Some have tried to help, but I've had limited success so I thought as a last ditch effort I would try here as well. Basically, I was playing Zelda on my Switch one day. I put it in the dock (official dock and cables) left it for 2 weeks while on vacation, and came back to what seems to be a dead switch. I can boot Hekate, but nothing else it seems. I was on 8.1.0 when I last played (no emunand setup, just atmosphere / sysnand). Here are some of the things I have tried to no avail:
- Restoring the NAND backup I had (I believe the backup was from 6.2.0) - After doing this I no longer even get the Nintendo or Switch boot logo. I can however still get into RCM mode. I went into RCM, launched Hekate, and tried to launch both Stock and CFW from Hekate (which should bypass fuses). I could get to the boot logo, but no further.
- Used this guide to manually go to 5.1.0 [I guess I can't post links. It is the guide under 'Upgrading Downgrading manually with a PC on switch.homebrew.guide] I get to step 13.11 and the switch will not boot. The instructions say if that happens to complete step 14 then come back to 13 and try again. I tried again and still stuck at the boot logo. This is while trying to boot Stock or CFW from Hekate.
- Removed everything from microSD and reformatted to Fat32: I removed everything from my card, put just the package from the AtlasNX github on my card, and booted to hekate. Both CFW and stock OS from hekate freeze on boot logo. I tried both with and without the nintendo folder
- Tried to push reinx.bin instead of hekate to see what happens: I see the Reinx splash screen for a bit, then it seems like a panic or something happens and the switch shuts off and tries to reboot itself. I never successfully booted into the Reinx UI. I tried to run this payload both by doing it directly from TegraRCMGUI and by running the payload from Hekate. No go on either.
- Tried installing my NAND backup, this time using the newer hekate UI (with Nyx) rather than the older one that was on my Switch: Same result as last time.
- Followed the earlier linked 'Upgrade from PC' directions to go to 6.1.0: This is the highest firmware version supported by Choi PC. I got the same result as earlier, AutoRCM enabled but not able to get past boot logo.