Hacking Question Switch on Airplane, should I take it off?

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put my Switch in Airplane the day I started using CFW and have never once been off it since CFW went live. I've been doing everything I can to hopefully prevent a ban in the future. I have a clean backup, never connected online, used XCI instead of NSP etc. I was holding out in the hopes that someone will eventually find a way to block the info sent to Nintendo and allow CFW usage without a ban. However, I've grown weary of all the fuss. I don't plan on getting Switch Online, but I would like to be able to use the internet to download patches without having to transfer them from PC, using FTP for my cheat files and do some LAN play.

I originally went to CFW because I wanted to have all of my physical games in digital form and not have to constantly swap cartridges. Call me old fashion, but I like having the boxes all lined up on a shelf still..so going pure digital isn't for me. However, since moving to CFW I've found a lot that I like and wouldn't want to go back to stock. Is there truly any reason to care at this point? Has there been a single breakthrough or am I just limiting myself out of desperate hope? A ban just prevents online play and eShop usage, right? I'm not sure if I even mind losing those anymore. Opinions?

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You said you wanted to use the net to get updates. A ban will stop that too.
A ban will stop system updates, game updates, online play, cloud saves and resale of the console (If you end up doing that)
You could do 90dns to stop communication to Nintendo and still have access to the net and your wifi

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the DNS Trick, and you should be ok. Only use Online (even though you cant Connect) only for Games that absolutely can not run without some kind of Connection. Example:
Mortal Kombat 11.
----Will NOT get past Updating Game Data Screen if you are not connected to a Internet Source. WHY????????
----With DNS Trick - Will attempt to Connect, will give a Error, but will continue into the Game, allowing you to Play it.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best "breakthrough" we have is emunad/emummc, which lets you dual boot between clean sysnand for online activities and cfw for offline hackery.

There is at least one guy that claimed to still be unbanned by using .XCIs only generated from his own physical dumps including the full cartridge certs and stuff. If Nintendo is looking for corrupt or duplicate IDs to ban people doing that would evade it. Any trace of any NSPs including homebrew forwarders are absolutely bad news from what I understand though.

Ban will not stop updates... Will block access to NSO and eshop.

So you can still update physical carts even when banned? What about XCIs?

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done everything naughty that is possible to do with my Switch since day one that it could be hacked. About a month ago I decided that going back to legit was a better option for me so I stopped booting SXOS and re-linked my Nintendo account and downloaded all my purchased games from the Nintendo store that I usually play and been fine ever since with "as of yet" no ban. I also have their Nintendo online thing that incurs a monthly charge.

I have heard about people only booting into custom firmware a few times who got banned pretty quick. Being banned is so random its hard to make any sense on any rime or reason for what exactly causes the ban.

As for me I will continue to go along as if my console was never hacked and if the day comes that it gets hit by a ban it will give me a good excuse to buy one of the newer longer battery lasting switches...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2