Hardware Switch OLED witch eMMC error *=* (Change the mmc?)

LucasRomeiro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I have technical assistance and I do switch unlocking.
But, 2 consoles arrived here from people who tried to do the process at home and damaged the console.
None of them turn on and PICOFLY gives the error (*=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?)).
I imagine the eMMC was permanently damaged.
Has anyone managed to recover from this type of problem??

I had an idea yesterday to buy a new EMMC and replace it, but I don't know if that would work. Has anyone already done this?
I'll leave here a link to one I found on Aliexpress:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

I would like to do this, but I don't know if it works.
Or if there is a way to recover the damaged one.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Get a emmc programmer and defines emmc condition in that way, most beginner damage trace or just data corruption on boot0/1
Post automatically merged:

FYI you change emmc without original prodinfo partition or keys meaning the console would not able to online or install cartridge game in most case. Kinda pointless IMO

Last edited by jkyoho,
Reactions: LucasRomeiro

LucasRomeiro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Get a emmc programmer and defines emmc condition in that way, most beginner damage trace or just data corruption on boot0/1
Post automatically merged:

FYI you change emmc without original prodinfo partition or keys meaning the console would not able to online or install cartridge game in most case. Kinda pointless IMO
Hello, I have never worked with NAND repair. So I don't have this programmer and other tools, like software etc...
Can you recommend a programmer or kit to carry out this work?

Is there any tutorial on how I can repair the damage to the EMMC with this programmer?

Thanks

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From my understanding you can boot into Hekate with just a blank eMMC. That should be enough for Hekate to create a valid partition table on the eMMC and will likely be enough to boot Atmosphere. However, there will definitely be caveats to this. If you don't ever restore a backup of the original eMMC onto the new one, then OFW definitely will never work.

Adding to this: sthetix's video shows him reading a backup from the original eMMC before replacing it with a new one. He is using a UFI Box to create the dump which is a very expensive hardware programmer. I personally own a XGecu T48 which is about a quarter of the price and supports the Switch eMMCs as well. Depending on how screwed the original eMMC is, you may be able to do that, too. Then you could restore that backup to the new eMMC either with the programmer or with Hekate and you'd be good to go.

Last edited by MichiS97,

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone can help? please
Possibilities to dump the emmc (if it's not completely damaged)
V1 switch with RCM bug
UFI box or his countless clones
Ft232h with Postal software
mmcblknx or his clones
If you are fine to send the emmc's to me (Germany) I can try to recover the data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya