Switch OLED no boot, pulsing purple -> orange or yellow

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
******* Update: Quadruple check your DAT0 adapter after anchoring it. *******

Fresh OLED v3 install done by me after updating to hwfly-nx .62. Install went pretty smooth, diode values were 0.7, 0.7, 1.0 for D, A, C points. First power up and training went pretty quickly, only a minute or two.

Fast forward today, I backed up all my saves, booted to OFW, deleted my connected Nintendo accounts, then ran the Switch Initialization. Again no issues, ran through the initial switch setup, reboot to Hekate and made a backup of the now empty sysNAND. Once done, powered down, pulled the microsd to copy the backup to a safe location and do some other things. Came back many hours later and when I powered on again I ran into a problem. Most of the boot attempts went purple -> flashing or solid yellow or orange, hard to really tell what color was beside the red. Sometimes would pulse purple -> Flash yellow -> more purple pulsing, then end with solid yellow/orange. Once ended in red.

Disassembled, checked solder points, still showing good. Finally came across some info that using OFW to upgrade to switch version 14 with hwfly-nx < .62 would cause similar behavior. The fix in that case was to factory reset the modchip via the two pads next to the USB ribbon connector. The reset was easy enough, and it did begin training on the next boot attempt. Training in this instance took quite a while. I wasn't even sure it would complete as it seemed to be stuck on either flashing yellow or flashing orange for a long time. Eventually it did start pulsing yellow and ultimately trained successfully. I will update if the issue resurfaces.

Any thoughts from the more experienced installers?

Last edited by l7777,

l7777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fresh OLED v3 install done by me after updating to hwfly-nx 0.6.2. Install went pretty smooth, diode values were 0.7, 0.7, 1.0 for D, A, C points.
Well the install did go smooth, what I didn't notice was that the DAT0 value was fluctuating when I pressed on the adapter pad. Apparently it was just good enough for a couple boots and then wasn't having it. I gave the adapter a good shove with the spudger while heating the anchor point and now the value is a solid .7 and things seem to be good. Boot times are very good with barely a purple pulse before the green light and Hekate loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.