Switch Oled Mod, is there an alternative to using Solder Mask?

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep seeing people use solder mask to hold the EMMC adapter in place but i cant find any (cheap one) that would not take a month to get here. is there an alternative that can be used outside of solder mask? Amazon has some but its $25 for 2oz that can be delivered quick

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OLED kit comes with a DAT0 adapter you can solder to hold it in place.
Check the little black PCB below the modchip on the picture.

While the 3.3v kit includes the adapter I posted above, it's meant for the Lite modchip to be installed into a OLED switch.

But to give you a better feeling - the DAT0 adapter that comes with your OLED modchip is known to be bad.

khuong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking about that, i did order it since it was cheap but i was not sure i could use it on that part. I was planning on using it to guide the wires around the cpu

You can use kapton tape, just make sure its the real one, not the gimmick one.. that's what I use - while I like solder mask, it's too "permanent" to me to use in any modding capacity, I get the chips never suppose to be removed etc etc, but while extremely rare.. you may mess up and cut wire to short, or something wrong with wire (extremely rare) and it'd be a pita to remove. Just my two cents - just a step up from hot glue.

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OLED kit comes with a DAT0 adapter you can solder to hold it in place.
Check the little black PCB below the modchip on the picture.

While the 3.3v kit includes the adapter I posted above, it's meant for the Lite modchip to be installed into a OLED switch.

But to give you a better feeling - the DAT0 adapter that comes with your OLED modchip is known to be bad.
so can i use the extra adapter i bought with the oled chip?

Reactions: FR0ZN

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn’t use kapton unless you want to tear it back down and fix it. If the adapter you purchased has the solder points to lock in place use that. If you want to lock in place with an alternative to solder mask, I also recommended for the clk wire (not point). I used UV activated resin which is easy enough to remove in the future if you need to. I have it available since I constantly use for fpv drone repair. It’s not super cheap but has many applications.
Solarez UV Dual Cure, Low-VOC Clear Polyester Resin (4 Oz) ~ Clear Laminating Resin - No Waiting! for Custom Woodworking, Surfboards, Marine, Auto, & Hobby ~ Eco-Friendly ~ Made in The USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MEJQIM...t_i_5VM0W58ZEG8TMHTG5KQV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh +1