switch oled green light blinking /boots to OFW

cluelessidler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hello, I would not have posted this if I could find an answer to this issue, can't seem to find a similar problem. complete beginner to this stuff (first time modding )
Installed OLED v4 hwfly chip.
( Diode values are within 0.5-0.8v for A,C, D, and 3.3v .B point :2v)
Initially led was blinking yellow (i kept it going for 40 minutes with no progress). after switching it off and turning it back on, it blinked purple then solid green (2 sec), then slowly blinking green. The switch turns on but goes directly to OFW. can't seem to load into CFW Hekate.
I tried connecting hwfly chip to pc but it doesn't detect it (tried updating drivers, it doesn't show up on the USB port, tried different ports,pc, and windows versions). Seller says it is updated to 0.7 version, Doesn't need updating, direct install.
Another issue might not be related but it makes a sound whenever it turns on (like when you put water on a hot pan ) not present before installation. Any help is appreciated.
The dat0 installed is a side L-shaped one because ii am not confident in reflowing emmc (skhynix is fragile I read )but the connection is secure and the reading is consistent even when moving and shaking the board
att: there is yellow light blinking , i got it to blink green ( dont have an image now will post later)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-10-24 at 11.20.23 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-10-24 at 11.20.23 AM.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 154

cluelessidler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Reset the modchip chip and have it train again. If it doesn't train, it's almost always the DAT0 connection. Pull it and reseat it.
thanks for the reply. yes, the dat0 adapter was the issue . the yellow adapter was provided as well. i swapped the l shaped adapter for the yellow wider one . now the purple->green led sequence happens instantly and i get no sd card screen . i have not reflowed it or heated it since i read skhynix chips are brittle so for the time being just soldered anchor

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 152
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 133

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.