Hacking Switch not booting. After micro SD eject.

1221cya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys just installed XS Os on my switch a few days ago. Enabled autorcm as that's handy as. Don't have a dongle so been using my PC. I've Put a couple of backups on there too. Worked great up until today. I stupidly ejected the micro SD (to put another game on it) while it was on and in the menu. So it said turning off (as it does). With new game on memory card I tried to turn it on in rcm mode (no way of telling its in that mode) and connecting it to my pc. It doesn't recognise it at all. And doesn't react to any reset button combos. Any ideas on how to fix it? Disconnect battery?
Thanks in advance

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys just installed XS Os on my switch a few days ago. Enabled autorcm as that's handy as. Don't have a dongle so been using my PC. I've Put a couple of backups on there too. Worked great up until today. I stupidly ejected the micro SD (to put another game on it) while it was on and in the menu. So it said turning off (as it does). With new game on memory card I tried to turn it on in rcm mode (no way of telling its in that mode) and connecting it to my pc. It doesn't recognise it at all. And doesn't react to any reset button combos. Any ideas on how to fix it? Disconnect battery?
Thanks in advance

Check your SD Card on PC directly to see if all files are there first, then;

You can use TegraRCMGui on PC when you connect Switch, the icon will turn GREEN if RCM is detected

Also to power off Hold Power for 12 seconds.. this will shut off your switch.. then try again as normal to boot using ur normal methods of pushing payload etc

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

roflrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kept holding the power button repeatably until it worked. I watched on the web-based payload injector sites to see if APX appeared.

MiNiMaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your files could be corrupted

Overwrite boot.dat and license.dat with your backuped ones and retry.
If this didn’t help reformat your sd card

Reactions: Quantumcat

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Betting the battery died. Just let it plugged in for a while and try again later. It will show up in windows device manager as an APX device listed under libusbk and nvidia device using lsusb command on linux. If it's there but the payload isnt working, the battery needs to charge. just let it plugged in on rcm mode for at least 30 minutes.

1221cya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TegraRCMGui is the program I've been using. I tried another usb port an hour later and it worked...
So I assume it was that. Cheers for the input guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.