Gaming [Switch] Noob question... How to remedy a user transfer bug?

themanoctave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR: Did official user/data transfer from old Switch to new. For some reason saves are stuck on old Switch but aren't tied to a user. How can I get saves onto new Switch without (permanently) installing CFW?

My girlfriend and I bought the new Animal Crossing Switch the other day and are selling her old switch to her mom. We did the user and save data transfer during setup of the new switch. Problem is, the user profile sent and was deleted off the old switch without actually transferring the save files, stranding them on the old switch. You can still see them in Data Management, but they can't be accessed even if her profile is put back on the console. This isn't a problem for most games because we have NSO, except for Pokemon SwSh, Let's Go Eevee, and Splatoon 2. We called Nintendo customer support, and after many different attempts to get the data to transfer we were basically told we were SOL.

I've spent the last 24 hours researching how to make a backup using TegraRCM and Hekate. I managed to make the NAND backups of the old switch and use Lockpick to get my prod.keys. I have no clue what to do now. I've watched so many videos and have been searching the forums that everything just seems to be a different language now and I can't make sense of it. Mostly been following Kimbra's post updated on 3/13/20.

Is there a way to pull the Pokemon saves off the old switch, somehow inject them into the new switch, all without installing Homebrew/CFW (at least permanently)? I am fairly new to all this stuff and the closest I've gotten to something like this is installing homebrew on my old Wii to play emulators. I want to keep both systems clean in the end since she plays online and isn't interested in any CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up