Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this is my latest attempt
every software is up-to-date, file to be trasferred is safe, sigpatches auto generated by sw you suggested, everything done well I guess
but the result is the following

Attachments

• 1661757262047.jpg
    1661757262047.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That sounds like your game isn't up to date and you should try it again. How big was the update file you installed and what is the firmware of your console?

Its fine, what you are referring to is called a "dongle". Its purpose is to inject payloads without the need of a USB cable and a device to send payloads. Any steps that involve those two can simply be replaced with that dongle. Although, there are many different types of dongles so it would be good to know which one you have because each have their own quirks.
My firmware is 14.1.2 and the update file was 1.19 GB i think.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the thread on gbatemp? I can't find any official thread, but I found the firmware posted on github. I tried using searchbar on gbatemp but can't find any official release thread relating to hwfly-nx.
Are you talking about sthetix, is he the author?
No, not sthetix. TBH, I think it's @doom95 ... could be mistaken about the hwfly-nx author bit, but I know that if it can be repaired, he can do it.

Last edited by urherenow,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not know what to say
this is my last attempt, with a file I know for sure that works (it belongs to a friend of mine)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Application starts at 29 agosto 2022 09:04:12

Reading keys
- prod.keys (exists)
- title.keys (exists)
- console.keys (not exists)
Found 1 title keys
Reading version list
Initialization success

Open File
1 files selected

Processing file E:\NS\games\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007EF00011E000][v0](nsw2u.com).nsp
Processing NSP E:\NS\games\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007EF00011E000][v0](nsw2u.com).nsp
Processing TIK
in NX_Game_Info.Process.processFile(String filename)

File E:\NS\games\The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [01007EF00011E000][v0](nsw2u.com).nsp has failed to process

0 titles processed
The sw does not tell much as debug: "has failed to process" -> developer has not done a good job, honestly
I used the GUI version before on Windows 7, and it worked fine. The cli version also works fine, even on Linux, but it's made for Windows. It should work for you too. I'd say the developer has done a fine job, as his software, although kind of old, still works and is useful with the latest nsp files, as long as you're using a recent prod.keys. What version of Windows are you using? Maybe try running in retro-compatibility mode, or something. I'm not much of a Windows user, anymore, although I still have access to Windows 7. Assuming your NSP files are OK, that only leaves your USB ports or your USB-C cable as possible culprits. Have you tried other cables/ports? Worst case scenario, you'll have to resort to copying the files by hand to the SD card, but it's really not too great, as the SD port is flaky on the Switch, and the less you insert and remove the SD card, the safer you are from a hardware malfunction.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Dust2dust

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sorta looks like a small Switch, and it has "RCM loader" written on it. Still trying to figure out where that thing fits into the equation. All I know about it is that it helps me power on the switch when it's off, otherwise it acts as if it's bricked (I assume I have that AutoRCM setting set on).
Then that means the dongle you own is the RCM Loader although there are multiple models of it so if you want to know exactly which one you have, you can check on their website. Anyways, as I said earlier, this dongle reproduces the act of sending a payload from a device through a USB cable. If that still doesn't make sense, then just follow the whole guide until the end and hopefully, you'll understand what steps the dongle replaces. Also since you have AutoRCM enabled, you can skip any steps involving booting into RCM because, as the name implies, this setting AUTOmatically launches the console into RCM.
My firmware is 14.1.2 and the update file was 1.19 GB i think.
Well, objectively there is no reason why it shouldn't be working. Try reinstalling the game, DLC, and updates to see if that changes anything.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to sync Sysnand and Emunand? For example, I have a legit game with updates and DLC downloaded on Sysnand but on Emunand the game tells me I need to download the update and DLC.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to sync Sysnand and Emunand? For example, I have a legit game with updates and DLC downloaded on Sysnand but on Emunand the game tells me I need to download the update and DLC.
Technically, there is no way to sync them because they both operate independently of one another. The only time they are the same is when you initially create the emuMMC because emuMMC always starts out as a copy of sysMMC. So in order for you to achieve what you want, you have to recreate your emuMMC. Bear in mind that you will have to do this every time you want something from emuMMC or sysMMC transferred to the other without manually doing it.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hey so this cover (thing?) over this part on the switch came off while i was replacing the battery. Idk if it was needed, but it's been working fine without it- i just kinda want to make sure that it's ok to have removed or if it may eventually do damage to my console if i don't put it back?

Attachments

• firefox_Z70SuXrvKj.png
    firefox_Z70SuXrvKj.png
    39 KB · Views: 26

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so this cover (thing?) over this part on the switch came off while i was replacing the battery. Idk if it was needed, but it's been working fine without it- i just kinda want to make sure that it's ok to have removed or if it may eventually do damage to my console if i don't put it back?
Is it a soft foamy square squishy thing? It‘s probably for the backing of the SD Card connector to help hold it in. That or possibly a chunk of thermal pad? If things are working you’re probably fine. Most the stuff in the Switch is engineered pretty well. People run without the entire heat shield for example. still wouldn’t hurt to look at some mobo pics and see if you can find what’s missing.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it a soft foamy square squishy thing? It‘s probably for the backing of the SD Card connector to help hold it in. That or possibly a chunk of thermal pad? If things are working you’re probably fine. Most the stuff in the Switch is engineered pretty well. People run without the entire heat shield for example. still wouldn’t hurt to look at some mobo pics and see if you can find what’s missing.
yeah, it was over a part right next to the connector for the battery, actually, so i was wondering if it was just cushioning or something! Good to know it probably was fine to keep off, it seemed a little out of place to be fair....

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it was over a part right next to the connector for the battery, actually, so i was wondering if it was just cushioning or something! Good to know it probably was fine to keep off, it seemed a little out of place to be fair....
probably a little piece of thermal pad on an IC. you can leave it where it was and it won’t hurt.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes, Hekate (the bootloader itself) has a page for this that will give you all the data required to calculate Watts.

View attachment 323711
remember the Ohm's Law: Watts [W] = Voltage [V] * Current [A]

mA = A * 1000 => A = mA / 1000
mV = V * 1000 => V = mV / 1000

So:
Voltage now: 3749mV = 3.749 V
Current now: -484mA = -0.484 A

Then Current Power (consumption): 3.749 V * -0.484 A = -1.815 VA = -1.815 W or -1815 mW

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta have the whole experience